Malls or Hotels for opening a store?

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
My son has a concept he would like to try in the DR that will require his building out "mall space". He asked me my opinion. Considering that his target market is generally "European" I told him start chit chatting with the folks at Casa de Campo for retail space. Of course my brother disagrees. He says somewhere like Blue mall or one of the new malls coming up in SDQ is "the ticket". My GM likes a particular hotel property in Punta Cana. Since I know Robert and others of you are out "each week" burning up cash in all the fine establishments of the DR, I thought I would see if there were any particular higher end spots that any of you like in particular for something like this.

Thoughts where you would spend your money to put a store up?

Best, Dave

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If target market is "European" Bavaro/Punta Cana is the place. OR the Marina....Mostly Italians, Americans, a Few Canadians and wealth Dominicans.

Not Santo Domingo...few Europeans wandering around spending money.

HB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
European, that's a tough one, especially if it's a high end product/service.

Punta Cana is spread out all over the place, but has some nice malls.
Casa de Campo etc is very small and limited foot traffic.
Santo Domingo has the largest concentration of high end malls, but not high end Europeans.

I suggest he speaks to someone like Franco Oliva that own's Fiori.
They have stores in a few malls around the country and sell a high end niche product.

Fiori coleccion

Franco and his wife are super nice people and I'm sure would give him an insight.

Send me a PM if you need their contact details.