Anyone need a full/ part time gardener/ handyman?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have just had to make the difficult decision to let our gardener/ handyman go after almost 5 years. He will leave our employ next Monday, 30th May and will subsequently move permanently back to his own small home in Cabarete and is seeking new employment from 1 ? 5 days a week or on an ?ad hoc? basis in the Cabarete/ Sosua area.

He has a good working knowledge of all that grows and is willing, honest and totally trustworthy plus he has a great affinity with animals and birds, particularly the dogs. In addition to gardening duties, he has undertaken general maintenance including painting, water pumps, inverters/ batteries/ generator and the pool plus assisting on the ?finca? when needed.

I would sincerely like to be able to help to secure him some more steady work/ wages so if anyone has a ?need? please let me know.

Last edited:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Hi WB. Sorry that you have to let people go. Is this the BIG Mr. "T"?
Kind Regards, Ringo

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
No, Ringo, not the person who you call the Big Mr. "T". That is Tuly who has concentrated on the running and maintenance of the 'finca' until now but, as there are less animals to tend than previously, he will now undertake some duties in the garden/ pool area to cover those which 'Smiler' did previously.

I am delighted to say that there has been a positive response from a number of people who are going to consider employing Isidro ('Smiler') so perhaps the timing of his liquidation from here will work out beneficial to all.