shipping stuff to the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChantalintheDR

Nov 29, 2009
I need to ship a box of stuff (about 50 lbs) to the US. Does anyone know how I can do that without paying a fortune?

Thanks

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Rosa del Monte standard size box is 18'x18'x28'H...... they supply

Should be about $25/box..... 5boxes for $200..... that is the special price PHL to RD... hope it works both directions

arp568

Aug 31, 2010
Hi,

I use LA MARITIMA (instituto postal dominicano) the prices are just like usa, this is the USPS postal service from dominican republic.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Rosa del Monte standard size box is 18'x18'x28'H...... they supply

Should be about $25/box..... 5boxes for $200..... that is the special price PHL to RD... hope it works both directions

That's an amazing price - I tried calling them last week and didn't get an answer. Are these the same standard size boxes the other companies use? I'm in South Jersey, worth a trip to Philly for that. Best we have here is 3 boxes for $200.

AE

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Shipping stuff to the US WILL cost a fortune, many times more per pound than US to DR.

Unavoidable.

That is one problem in buying stuff online and shipping to the DR. Often if you need to return the item it costs almost as much to ship as the item is worth.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thank you CB...I was about to make note of the fact that the OP was talking about shipping from here to there, not there to here.

There is a company that does moving. I think the first reply gave the number. Isn't there a Montero (?) shipping company?

Hummmm.

HB

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I realized they wanted to ship from DR to US - just assumed that the shipping companies did shipping both directions. So I presume the containers bring boxes/tanks to DR and then leave full of veggies/coffee/etc., going elsewhere?

AE

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No reasonable and reliable method yet from DR to US

I too was hoping that someone would find a reasonable method of DR to US shipping. No reasonable AND reliable method exists that I know about. Maybe some day.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That's an amazing price - I tried calling them last week and didn't get an answer. Are these the same standard size boxes the other companies use? I'm in South Jersey, worth a trip to Philly for that. Best we have here is 3 boxes for $200.

AE

AE.... I spoke to them...twice.
They will come to you.

Yup, 18x18x28H is $25 each... going south - can't speak for the return trip.
fridges were comparable to Awilda.... but again Rosa del monte is closer

Did you try the website ?
La Rosa Del Monte ?

Should work..... but somebody can call for the RD to USA prices.... call the RD office 809-685-6256

Or Awilda in STI 809-576-3205

Happy mudanza day!!

ChantalintheDR

Nov 29, 2009
Thank you all for your input. I called the numbers that William posted on this thread. Awilda said that she only ships in one direction, to the DR. Rosa (I actually spoke to Maria) said that they could ship to the US, but it would be about $500 for one box. She did say that it would be better to ship more than one box. For example, it would be around $650 for 5 boxes. I don't have 5 boxes to ship, but if someone else had stuff going to the same area, we could split the cost. I'm shipping to Florida. Just a thought.

I found another company, ENCARGO PAQ, they have an office in a plaza on the main road near Sosua (not sure what it's called), as well as a couple of other offices in the DR. I went in there yesterday, and I was told that a 50 lb box would cost about $275. Much better. I may end up using them.

Thanks again!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With the pricing you received it is no wonder that small entrepreneurial export based business, like the fellow that wanted to make guitars and sell them worldwide, have no chance in the DR.

Why are these costs so high for shipping out of the DR to the US and are so unreasonable compared to the US to DR prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.