Opthamologic Surgeon in Santiago

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Anyone know of any? I figured HOMS would have some but I m open to recommendations.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If I understand you, you need an eye surgeon?
The two most famous ones are Pedro Guzman and his son in Clinica Corominas on Restauracion and Jose (Joe) Asilis at Clinica Bonilla. These are the one you will want to consult.
I'd start with Guzman..

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
yep. eye surgeon, thats what I m looking. I ll have to remember that name. Now let me look up terms in Spanish.

do u know if he has a website?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
he speaks a little english, a little french, a little of german and other languages and is extremely good at sign language

and he knows a bunch of good restaurants and cafes in Paris

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I dont care about all that. Just wanna get a consult on correcting cross eyes in a little girl. Plus something for myself also.

If I understand your drift, you mean to say that he was trained in Europe?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No, I think he has trained in several countries and his English is very good. That cross-eyed thing might be corrected by means other than surgery, which is why you need to see him...
Go to Clinica Corominas and make an appointment. don't go trying to do this on the Internet. No website.

Or you can call and make an appointment. It's in the book...

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
nope. cross eyed needs the surgery, but it has to wait until she is 7 years old to allow greater muscle development in her head. She is only 4 now. And they would have to do one eye at a time over a period of 6-9 months. And she would have to wear a pirate patch for a bit.

I just wanted the website to know where he trained, what his specialty is and how recent are his certifications.

Fleur de Santiago

Sep 20, 2010
We have been taking our daughter to Dra. Tania Sarita. She is in Corominas, not in the main building, but on the left side street.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Racer: Dr. Pedro Guzman and his son do not need your patient. They have more than enough people waiting to see them..They are by far the top rated people in the field north of Santo Domingo, and people come from the states to see them. If memory serves he is a Cornell graduate.. Go see him and find out for yourself.

I am sure you would want to see DeBakey's certifications too??? come on!!

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Dont get offended bro, I dont care, they are MY EYES, MINE, MINE!, MINE!!!!!!!! and I only got 2 of them and I cant get no more. So if this dude is going to be a crybaby about checking his record, F'em!

Maybe you do things differently, but then again I would NOT ask you to make life altering decisions concerning my well-being in my absense. What does that sound like?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
that's alright. when you calm down just remember you are new to this place and you do not know much about it. If you did you would not be asking such stupid questions about one of the most outstanding doctors in the country.
Go ask Jose Joaquin Puello if he will do neurosurgery!! Ask for his credentials!!

You just lost a lot and don't even know it.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I am calm, and I will tell you again, these are my eyes. You get 2, no more. There is no special order or requisition form you get for replacements. I m not buying a pair of carpenter jeans where precision isnt important. I am not asking a guy to install a CD player or something. If this doesnt go right there are no Mulligans, no do-overs, no "Oops, my bad!". This aint dentistry, where if he messes up 3 teeth you still have 28 more. If he is not highly skilled, I will be sight impaired. Who needs an internet forum if I cant see the screen? Who needs it if you cannot see anything? That is MY deal. And I m sticking to it.

You re telling me it is improper for me to investigate their professionals credentials? That I should take someones word for it? Yea, we know that aint going to work. Once again F'em if they cant take the heat. And I should be ashamed because I want more than someones personal guarantee that the guy is the best in the country? A personal guarantee in this country is like a car warranty. So I ask what I want to know. He who doesnt like it? F'em.

There are NO STUPID QUESTIONS WHEN IT CONCERNS A PERSONS HEALTH AND WELL BEING. Maybe you have been here to long to know that. Maybe the culture of vultures has overtaken you? Ask yourself what did you lose.

Last edited: