Single Ladies Trip to Puerto Plata (or vacinity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortuguita5

May 31, 2011
Looking for the best place to go/stay in the Puerto Plata area. We're 4 single ladies of 30ish who are adventuresome and love to party. We are also looking for something economical and may go the AI route.

This will be the 2nd trip to the DR so we know the general ropes but have only been to Boca Chica and Santo Domingo. We'll be up North for 3-4 nights and then heading South for the rest of the trip.

Although we defnitely love to hang with the locals it's not a total necessity considering we'll be doing that when we head South. We're pretty open.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
OHHH.... I would love to play with the spelling of 'Vacinity' in the above title....

Decorum, my boy, decorum.....:eek:

4 single ladies............

Jan 17, 2009
Cabarete will suit you well; there's places to stay for all budgets (btw neither Ocean Dream nor Harmony fit in the "something economical" cat the OP asked about). For AIs, if that's the route you prefer, check the Viva Wyndham Tangerine which is just a 10-minute walk to the center of town. More economical options, non-AI hotels only. North & Northwest - Directories, Dominican Republic.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
(btw neither Ocean Dream nor Harmony fit in the "something economical" cat the OP asked about).

Split 4 ways, a very nice condo is probably cheaper per person at Ocean Dream and CPBC than the AI at Viva. Ocean Dream 3 bedroom/3 bath (4 beds) @ $190-$220/night is less than $60/person and a lot nicer accommodations than Viva. Not all-inclusive of course.
Harmony more expensive, yes.

Really want budget accommodations? $12 per night? Try Laguna Park Hostel Cabarete | Cabarete, Dominican Republic

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
in sosua, you have sosua bay, sosua by the sea, and casa marina (all AI's).

have fun ladies !!!

Tortuguita5

May 31, 2011
Kyle- have you been to any of those or just know of them? What about the town? I've heard its gone kinda deadsville.

Status
Not open for further replies.