hammock?

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
Does anyone know where I can purchase a hammock in the Sosua/Cabarete/Puerta Plata area?

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
You can buy them for a more reasonable price if you drive towards La Vega and just before the toll between Santiago and La Vega, left and right of the highway, there are some very big and nice shops who sell them.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
hammock

Behind La Sierna in PP there is a store called Solo Dies, they had them a couple weeks ago for about $350 RD. Hope that helps

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The only comment I would make on JD's post is to buy the canvas a bit longer. And make a strong hem along the edges, too. The hammocks made out of plastic cordage do not work well.
My hammock was made in Guatemala...yes, I schlepped it back here and it is still good to this day.

HB

May 29, 2006
The only hammocks that are any good are Mexican from the Merida Region. Check out Mexihammocks:

Mexihammocks.com

I have bought and sold over 30 hammocks from these guys and slept in one of the Familia hammocks for a year. 12ft long and 8ft wide when stretched open. They use over a mile of thread in each hammock and they really are made for a whole family to sleep in at once:

3-4.jpg

3-1.jpg

These are on sale right now for $50. Well worth the trouble to import one if you willing to make the effort. Their hammock chairs are also very good:

aourh0.jpg

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
There is Puna Cana hammock company which gives part of proceeds to Dream Project & Mariposa Foundation.
Charity

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
There is a Maine co in Punta Cana who gives part of hammock sales to Dream Project & Mariposa Foundation
Charity

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
The only hammocks that are any good are Mexican from the Merida Region. Check out Mexihammocks:

Mexihammocks.com

I have bought and sold over 30 hammocks from these guys and slept in one of the Familia hammocks for a year. 12ft long and 8ft wide when stretched open. They use over a mile of thread in each hammock and they really are made for a whole family to sleep in at once:

3-4.jpg

3-1.jpg

These are on sale right now for $50. Well worth the trouble to import one if you willing to make the effort. Their hammock chairs are also very good:

aourh0.jpg

got the same one in progreso ( merida)
awesome hammock
maybe I should get more lol
Manu