The worst kia dealer in dominican republic.

Anastasios

Jun 1, 2011
I will NEVER recomend GRUPO VIAMAR to anyone !
They sold a brand new SORRENTO ($33,000 ) without floor mats,
If we wanted to have the "original" floor mats, we had to buy tnem extra, "was not listed in the quote"
they want 8,000 additional pesos.
Our paid in full car was used as their "showroom car", with everybody opening and closing the doors , coming in and out, moving seats , mirrors etc.
The engine light went on the second day we drove the car, non responsive service from the very beggining.
They want us to make an apointment few weeks later , because the "part" (on our two day SUV) was not available!
On top of everything else the service person wanted to take my wife out to a dinner, go figure this out!
Poor service with the "run around" after they "got you"
Well if was the last car dealer in dr. I will still NOT USE THEM or referre them to anyone!

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
As far as I know , in the DR , the warrantee is as follows....You have purchased a vehicle..the vehicle is yours...buena suerte.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
That makes me upset.....a brand new car! I mean, come on! I would call KIA...

SHALENA

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
That makes me upset.....a brand new car! I mean, come on! I would call KIA...

SHALENA

In the US, one could call the corporate offices, who would in turn put pressure on the dealer. (My father had a similar experience and did just that.) I'm not sure what the process would be here in the DR, but it seems to me that if it is a KIA dealer, then there should be some recourse to the manufacturer.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
in keeping with the tenor of a current thread, it is not bad customer service. you only think so, because you are measuring it against your standards. it is perfectly acceptable here. it is a part of the culture. they mean no harm, but you get incensed, because you are accustomed to operating in a social ecosystem in which people actually care about your concerns after they get your money.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
in keeping with the tenor of a current thread, it is not bad customer service. you only think so, because you are measuring it against your standards. it is perfectly acceptable here. it is a part of the culture. they mean no harm, but you get incensed, because you are accustomed to operating in a social ecosystem in which people actually care about your concerns after they get your money.

LIKE x 100

SHALENA

Anastasios

Jun 1, 2011
Well, yes , after two hours of driving, the engine light come on !

As far as I know , in the DR , the warrantee is as follows....You have purchased a vehicle..the vehicle is yours...buena suerte.

And the attitude is........"too bad !". Nothing to acomodate for a priproty service for a client that just spend 33K in cash ! Is this "customer service" !

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Why buy a KIA in the first place. Toyota rules here!!! What are they anyway, Korean ? Buy a normal car and while the dealer may screw you the car will not.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Why buy a KIA in the first place. Toyota rules here!!! What are they anyway, Korean ? Buy a normal car and while the dealer may screw you the car will not.

I m copying SK, Like X100. and funny too.
I should be serious, but hmmmm, did that car come with a bowl of kim-chi?