Places to eat at on the highway from the airport.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I'm arriving at lunchtime at the SDQ airport and I would like to find some place to eat lunch before I get to Los Tres Ojos. I plan to stop at that sight before I head to my hotel.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
There is Pollo Victorina or the Texaco on the right just as you leave the airport, unless you are going to be adventurous (for Creole cuisine) and are in no hurry, as you cross the peaje, catch the side road to the right and as you near SD there are several comedors on the right side along the way.......

g'luck

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
As you enter Santo Domingo, take the turn off for Avenida Espana. You'll find plenty of places to eat along avenida espana and then you can get back to the hghway and proceed to Los Tres Ojos.

In any case, it doesn't take much to enter the Colonial Zone and then go to Los Tres Ojos as it is close.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I'm arriving at lunchtime at the SDQ airport and I would like to find some place to eat lunch before I get to Los Tres Ojos. I plan to stop at that sight before I head to my hotel.

Have your Mama pack you a brown bag lunch!

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I think I will stop on Ave. Espana, I would never leave my bags sitting on the belt at the airport while I eat.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
There are good options in the airport on the third floor and the first floor.
I think I will stop on Ave. Espana, I would never leave my bags sitting on the belt at the airport while I eat.
Trainman you would have to pick up your bags first before you go to the third floor level. The restaurants on the third floor level are much better than the dining on the lower arrival level.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
The restaurants are outside security on the third level?

Yes.

If you exit the customs area with your bags you can take the elevator to the second level and the escalator to the third level. It's easy to do if you travel light . If you have lots of luggage eating on the first floor is easier. I agree that the eating options on the third floor are better than the first floor but if you have a cart full of bags the first floor food choices are adequate for a quick meal before you head out.