Thread: Claro Air Card-prepay

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Claro Air Card-prepay

I bought one of these because the WiFi here is not very dependable. But it constantly cuts out, and it seemed a little expensive 2650rd per month. He said I needed a DR ID to be able to get a better rate, and he never would give me a reciept...Just wondering what others had experienced....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you live?

What brand of card? What computer?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a lenovo lap top. The type of card is the only type they sell at Claro, one that plugs into the USB port. Brand name is Huawei

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

It's Claro's Banda Ancha..... and we paid the same amount per month for unlimited access .... on my husband's account [he's Dominican]

It's very territorial as far as quality - not bad in Santo Domingo, great in Puerto Plata, horrible at our house in San Cristobal province.

AE

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    It's Claro's Banda Ancha..... and we paid the same amount per month for unlimited access .... on my husband's account [he's Dominican]

It's very territorial as far as quality - not bad in Santo Domingo, great in Puerto Plata, horrible at our house in San Cristobal province.

AE
    I have one... Huawei... it cuts out too. The Claro store says that is a common problem and is a system problem, not a problem w/ the little stick
    Remember , its a cell phone signal. It works best in town...I have trouble where I live

BTW, I don't understand the Dominican thing... I'm not Dominican... but I have the 2650DRP..
    Thats all I needed to put it on my Claro phone.... a prepaid.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I only mentioned the 'Dominican thing' because the OP said Claro told them they could get a better rate with 'Dominican ID', meaning, I presume, a cedula. Dominican ID didn't mean diddly-squat to Claro in our case. We paid what the OP and you did.

AE