Claro Air Card-prepay

Marrs

Mar 24, 2011
I bought one of these because the WiFi here is not very dependable. But it constantly cuts out, and it seemed a little expensive 2650rd per month. He said I needed a DR ID to be able to get a better rate, and he never would give me a reciept...Just wondering what others had experienced....

Marrs

Mar 24, 2011
Its a lenovo lap top. The type of card is the only type they sell at Claro, one that plugs into the USB port. Brand name is Huawei

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's Claro's Banda Ancha..... and we paid the same amount per month for unlimited access .... on my husband's account [he's Dominican]

It's very territorial as far as quality - not bad in Santo Domingo, great in Puerto Plata, horrible at our house in San Cristobal province.

AE

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It's Claro's Banda Ancha..... and we paid the same amount per month for unlimited access .... on my husband's account [he's Dominican]

It's very territorial as far as quality - not bad in Santo Domingo, great in Puerto Plata, horrible at our house in San Cristobal province.

AE

I have one... Huawei... it cuts out too. The Claro store says that is a common problem and is a system problem, not a problem w/ the little stick
Remember , its a cell phone signal. It works best in town...I have trouble where I live

BTW, I don't understand the Dominican thing... I'm not Dominican... but I have the 2650DRP..
Thats all I needed to put it on my Claro phone.... a prepaid.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I only mentioned the 'Dominican thing' because the OP said Claro told them they could get a better rate with 'Dominican ID', meaning, I presume, a cedula. Dominican ID didn't mean diddly-squat to Claro in our case. We paid what the OP and you did.

AE