Best place to buy a evening dress for a woman?

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I want to by a dress for my novia so she can go with me to Pat'e Palo looking nice. She is from Cienfuegos so I am sure she does not have a dress like that. I want it to be fancy but I don't want to spend over $200 including taxes. I will need to buy it in Santo Domingo. I know her size so that is not a problem. Someone said to go to the Blue Mall but that is very far from where I am staying in the colonial zone.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Blue Mall is outrageous,...you should be able to find something suitable in the shops in the Conde.. but the Size thing can be tricky.. Is there no chance that she can come in early and shop for it? really... because stores here will NOT take it back..

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Conde is the closest. Ask any girl that works in a shop where to go, believe me, they'll know. It's a sixth sense.

Plaza Central is still the place for great cheap fashions. Also, there are a few stores that sell all kinds of womens clothes cheaply on Nunez de Caceres, between Romulo Betancourt and 27 de Febrero.

Now that I said that, may I suggest something. Give the money to you novia, and let her go buy the dress.

She'll do a thousands times better than you will. They were born to do that stuff.

I agree JDJones.. let her surprise you with how nice she looks....:cool:

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I called the store Prana that someone recommended. I asked where the store is in the mall and the woman who answered the phone hung up on me as if she did not care! That does not make me very inclined to shop there.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I did just give them some money to buy one, they know the stores where they live in Santiago better than any place I do.