Sliders ?

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Does anybody know if any supermarkets sell Sliders ( mini hamburgers ) on the north coast ? Santiago included

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
why buy some crap from a supermarket? it is easy to make your own. they are just basically small, square burgers

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Not if you are from the south. Krystal is king.
Having eaten a few bazillion Krystals in the south and Sliders in Chicago and other northern climes (after the bars closed down and being devoid of late nite epicurial judgemnent), I can attest there is a distinction (brand) without a difference:

Slider:
slider.png

Krystal:
krystalcheese.png

I doubt a forensic scientist can find the difference...:cheeky:

BTW, I've seen small, square frozen hamburgers in PriceSmart as well as Nacional in Santiago...

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Krystal sliders are best consumed by a drunk 16 year old @ 2:00 AM Saturday morning while sitting at the counter next to a Jackson, MS cop.

May 5, 2007
"Sliders" are I believe a US Navy term for hamburgers served on MIDRATS that are so greasy they "slide" down your throat

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a poster on DR1, castleburger. He opened a place in Sosua some years ago selling imitation White Castle sliders. They were not too bad either. Closed now.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
jeff explodes

Because the question wasn't "Teach me to make my own slider".

ALTHOUGH.... I can imagine what your response to that is.

just a suggestion , guy. no need to sweat the event. you can probably end up with a much better product, at a half the price. sorry for offending you.