whats the procedure to get my dominican daughter her u.s. citizenship?

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
my daughter will be born next month.i heard its fairly simple to get her u.s. citizenship.i need her acta de nacimiento.(i'm sure while im at la junta they'll want a dna test.then i head to the u.s. embassy and they'll take care of the rest.
what else may i have to complete?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you are married: Wedding certificate, pictures, etc
Birth certificate with all the bells and whistles
Your proof of US citizenship, passport and proof of actual, physical residence in the USA for 5 years after your 14th birthday.

Photographs of you with momma during pregnancy, and of the little baby.

Good luck...

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Don't believe it. They will come up with something I have not thought of!! But you have a good start!

HB

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
my daughter will be born next month.i heard its fairly simple to get her u.s. citizenship.i need her acta de nacimiento.(i'm sure while im at la junta they'll want a dna test.then i head to the u.s. embassy and they'll take care of the rest.
what else may i have to complete?

Did you read the U.S. embassy website? Consular Report of Birth Abroad | Embassy of the United States Dominican Republic

Embassy of the United States Dominican Republic - Consular Report of Birth Abroad

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011

The link above if followed correctly is your road map. I also had to write down every trip I EVER took leaving the USA. That was the hardest part but old passports helped. The embassy is not going to help you with what you need, you have to follow their checklist and do the work and bring the money.
Also, if you are divorced you will need those documents which give you custody or bring the Dad and his paperwork if not.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
The link above if followed correctly is your road map. I also had to write down every trip I EVER took leaving the USA. That was the hardest part but old passports helped. The embassy is not going to help you with what you need, you have to follow their checklist and do the work and bring the money.

I don't know why you Gringos make your life so difficult!

In order to pass U.S. citizenship to your kids born abroad you will need to demonstrate that you have lived in the USA for 5 years before the birth of the kids, 2 years of those 5 most be after the age of 14 and that you are a US citizen, period.

The best way to demonstrate the 5 years residency requirement is by taking the Social Security Statement that the Social Security Administration sends every year, showing how much you earn ever since you started working. If you don't have that statement you can always call them and they will fax it to you.

Another way is by showing your school records high school or college diploma.

I don't know why you are writing down every trip you had ever taken outside the USA! If the embassy requested you to track your trips outside the US is because you have never filed your taxes, because otherwise you would it had presented them your tax records of the last past 5 years before your kids birth abroad, which is more than enough proof.

Also, if you are divorced you will need those documents which give you custody or bring the Dad and his paperwork if not.

If the divorce happened before the child birth, the Dad will have to sign an affidavit of support, the Dad doesn't have to have custody of the baby. A lot of fathers here have passed their US citizenship to their kids without having custody of the child.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

In order to pass U.S. citizenship to your kids born abroad you will need to demonstrate that you have lived in the USA for 5 years before the birth of the kids, 2 years of those 5 most be after the age of 14 and that you are a US citizen, period.

The best way to demonstrate the 5 years residency requirement is by taking the Social Security Statement that the Social Security Administration sends every year, showing how much you earn ever since you started working. If you don't have that statement you can always call them and they will fax it to you.

I don't know why you are writing down every trip you had ever taken outside the USA! If the embassy requested you to track your trips outside the US is because you have never filed your taxes, because otherwise you would it had presented them your tax records of the last past 5 years before your kids birth abroad, which is more than enough proof.

If the divorce happened before the child birth, the Dad will have to sign an affidavit of support, the Dad doesn't have to have custody of the baby. A lot of fathers here have passed their US citizenship to their kids without having custody of the child.

Once again you have opened your mouth and spouted nonsense. did you even look at the link provided?

Social security statement will not do the job as it only shows that you paid into the social security system. If you worked outside the country for a US company you still paid into the Social Security System but were outside the country. Also it is required that you fill out that part of the form you need to submit to a consular officer. See this link
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/126018.pdf. This is requred of all requests for Birth Abroad. And the person in the above example would have also filed taxes from abroad that require you to detail time outside the country in order for you to take advantage of the tax discount for living outside the country. This also details time spent in country, and out for the year the taxes are prepared for.

Read and learn before you give advice. And follow the steps outlined in the link given above. that is the road map!!

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011

You haven't a clue what you are talking about. The original poster was given the correct answer and the link to the U.S Embassy Cosulate Unit. They make the rules and set the road map, not some Ezequiel wannabe gringo.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
You haven't a clue what you are talking about. The original poster was given the correct answer and the link to the U.S Embassy Cosulate Unit. They make the rules and set the road map, not some Ezequiel wannabe gringo.

Link and Embassy consulate unit that I provided and information that I provided, and everything that I posted and said still stand.

I'm not a gringo wannabe nor I had ever tried to be a gringo. I'm a US citizen like any US citizen born or naturalized whether you like it o not.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Once again you have opened your mouth and spouted nonsense. did you even look at the link provided?

Social security statement will not do the job as it only shows that you paid into the social security system. If you worked outside the country for a US company you still paid into the Social Security System but were outside the country. Also it is required that you fill out that part of the form you need to submit to a consular officer. See this link
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/126018.pdf. This is requred of all requests for Birth Abroad. And the person in the above example would have also filed taxes from abroad that require you to detail time outside the country in order for you to take advantage of the tax discount for living outside the country. This also details time spent in country, and out for the year the taxes are prepared for.

Read and learn before you give advice. And follow the steps outlined in the link given above. that is the road map!!

I provided the embassy links that the OP need it with all the information to register the birth of the child, while you just come to spew your nonsense.

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
I provided the embassy links that the OP need it with all the information to register the birth of the child, while you just come to spew your nonsense.

Oh I agree with your provided link! that is the road map. the part I was disagreeing with was your rant on the the social Security statement and the non payment of taxes! Your obviously did not read the links you yourself provided, or you would have seen the link to the form that I provided. My social security statment shows the taxes that I paid while in the Army overseas and also while I worked for Verizon in the DR. And guess what I paid Federal Income tax while I was in the Army and working here for Verizon. Thats what I was disputing, and its not nonsense.

But your correct on your provided link its just that the rest is BS.

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
As the edit limit ran out

See Item 12 on the Counselor Report of Birth Abroad form
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/156216.pdf

your statement

From the checklist
The U.S. citizen parent/s must present his/her U.S. passport. If the U.S. citizen parent was
naturalized he/she must bring the original Certificate of Naturalization in addition to the passport
(original and two photocopies).

The U.S. citizen parent must bring proof of the years he/she has lived in the United States prior to the
birth of the child. Primary evidence that may establish your physical presence in the U.S. include:
Social Security statement available online, school transcripts, tax records, military service records,
former and current passports with entry/exit stamps.

From the form
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/156216.pdf
Items 12 and 13.