EarthQuake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I thought I felt something in Cabarete around that time but there is nothing about it on the official earthquake sites so maybe we all imagined it at the same time!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Siesmic Jitters

There has been nothing posted officially. But, a lot of people have the jitters. There has been above average activity in the centering in the vicinity of the Canal de Mona part of the Septentrional fault line that runs north of Puerto Rico and the DR. PJT has been reviewing the activity over the years and has found the weekly average of 30 quakes for the zone has recently cycled over 60 on occasion. USGS Website: Map Centered at 18?N, 66?W

There are some schools of thought on this. There is a belief that a lot of minor quakes are better as they release pressure on the fault lines in small increments, thus avoiding the "big one". Another is a large amount of small quakes suggest the "big one" is coming.

It would be good to hear from an authority on this matter.

Regards,

PJT

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
on google earthquake 3D, it shows a large number of quakes for the DR area, for many weeks now. I am wondering if this is some kind of reporting error.

Status
Not open for further replies.