Labor issues & possible closing @ fun royale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Has anyone heard anything about what is happening @ FR-T? We were there in Feb and moved to Puerto Plata Village (w/o our consent). The owners of FR-T did not treat all transfers equally, some were give FREE AI, while others were charged the fee. How is this fair???? Some were moved to Celuisma w/FREE AI. How is this fair? The employees were unaware of the closing until guests informed them of the issue and then they organized. We have heard that FR-T wants to sell the hotel units as condos, and no word about the TS owners who were placed in Tropicale. I would hope that DR1 would research this issue and provide factual reports about this situation. All interested parties deserve to be given up to date, and factual information, not just simply the owners spin!

Any updates will be greatly appreciated!

SB

Feb 7, 2007
Is Fun Tropical same as Lifestyle Tropical? If so, then I don't think they are closing down, we have just signed 2012 receptive contracts for their North Coast AI properties!

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
NO Fun Royale / Fun Tropicale is in Playa Dorada. I was told the employees have started a class action labor suit against the owners for their liquidations but this is not confirmed.

I know nothing about how the owners of the vacation club are being treated.

Status
Not open for further replies.