Internet speed

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
Where are you? What service/speed did you have? It is simply slow, or dropped connection, low router signal, need to reload page, partial reloads?

Reset your router, change locations, plug directly into router.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I am guessing on 3 G, had loads of problems a couple of months, last month was suddenly excellent and then...it just stopped working at all, zero speed. Went to Claro office, told us to turn of BB and take out chip for at least 10 minutes and then restart and it should be fine again. Did that and waited at the Claro office (figure out why :)), started BB up again, got onto the Internet so went home but its sucks big time. Hooked up on the computer and the signal is not stable, a minute maybe and then off again.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
where in POP are you? we are in costambar and for about a week our internet has been total and utter crap. i am told it is because they have generously upped the speed and we cannot take more speed because of the distance (whatever that means). oscuro's good intensions pave hell as far as eye can see, apparently. miesposo has been calling them for days trying to reduce the internet speed so that our internet can be faster. makes sense? on DR it does :)

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Here in LT. orange has been mucking about with their service, one moment it is excellent, then a few hours later totally unusable for some hours,then back again! I'm guessing they're doing something with their antenna but they never say nor announce anything. anybody know anything for definate?

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
Yes, it is in Costambar, according the web site they upgraded the speed from 516 kb to 1 mb as from 31-5-11, thats the day when it dropped, I have 220 kb download and about the same upload, in other words almost came to a stop.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Claro told me a couple of months ago that the system was acting up because they were switching over to fibre optics.....

Well maybe they are..... but it was a system-wide problem

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
My wife called, they said that there is a problem in Sosua, and an technician will come to configurate the new speed.
In the meantime they set it back to the 516 kb speed. Lets see what happens.

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
After calling the speed was actually up at 1 MB for a few hours, now it is down to 0.10 MB, called again, nowbody showed up so far,no surprise.......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
costambar, eh? i tell ya, it's a distance thing...
miesposo has complained few times already and i have high hopes. last time we had the same problem they discounted f**ked up period from our bill :)
AND they fixed it :)

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
I still have the same problem, very slow during the day until midnight, then we get the 1mb speed, still calling every day at Claro, but so far nothing. Could it be the router? But on the other hand the speed is great during the night, which means a lot of traffic and some overload on the net? Any suggestions?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
keep on calling oscuro, it works. they finally kinda fixed our internet. we have it now most of the time. i dunno about the speed as such, i judge this by whether i can easily see funny cats videos or not. now i can :)

sush

Mar 9, 2011
I went thru the same thing couple of days ago, i have a 3G banda ancha inalambrico, they said might be the modem i went to the office in san pedro and nothing, they had/have some issues with the 3g internet all over the country as they said, i kept calling and complaining, next day i had to go to santo domingo brought my computer and i just tried to log in at t heir claro office and internet worked in a second!!! came back home!! GONE :mad:!!!! THEN i changed it to 2g in the settings and it started working, my blackberry then wasnt working at my apartment -at juan dolio- either..... called made another report and it's working now. NOT THAT I THINK THEY FIXED IT OF COURSE! that was 4 days called them and got a credit for the days OFF internet ... SHOULD show up in my next factura...

= fustration all the way!!

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
I just performed a speed test on my laptop with CLARO 3G USB modem connected, results:

Ping=185ms, download=0.11mbps, upload 1.06mbps.

Location: Montellano. I had much faster speed last week or so, then it went down to this crap! Anyone near this area know what is going on, I can't get a straight answer out of CLARO for the life of me! So freakin annoying for the price you pay for this service!!!!!!!!!!

sujith34

Aug 6, 2011
My internet(Claro) speed dropped almost to a stop about 5 days ago, what is the problem, how can I solve it?

is it fully stopped fully or do you get connection slowly? if you get slow connection then Follow these given below Steps
1. Go to My Computer property
2. Choose HARDWARE.
3. then you will see down there will be the option of DEVICE MANAGER Click on it
4. Your computer configuration will be adduce infront you there will be the modems section.
5. then Go to Modems Properties having right click on it
6. then go to Advanced option after that you will see a box name is Extra initialization
commands u just have to put there one command is at*fx
7. then click on ok and Enjoy High Speed of your internet
to check the connection speed try Ip-Details.com and know the speed and if you still feel it to be slow then you can contact your provider to get high speed..