Renting Bicycles in Santo Domingo

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I will be in Santo Domingo for two weeks starting on June 16th and I am interested in renting two bicycles, for an afternoon, while I am there.

Are any of you willing to rent your bicycles to me? Ideally, I would like to rent two easy to ride street bikes, appropriate for casual touring, one for a 6? tall man the other for a 5?8? tall woman.

In the alternative, do any of you know where I can rent bikes from a commercial establishment, for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon?

There was a thread about this a few years ago but I suspect the information in that thread may be out of date by now.

Thanks!

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Hello, Do you think it's a good idea riding a bike in Santo Domingo?
Unless it would be in the small villages you should be very carefull on the road!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
GinzaGringo I won't recommend you guys rent a bike in the DR at all with the crime problem there. Although I understand your motive, it is extremely dangerous for you two to be riding a bike up and down Santo Domingo with (assuming) valuables on you (camera, dollars, cellphones).

Rent a car.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
If you just want to ride for brief while then I recommend that you rent a bike in the Mirador Sur park and ride either in the morning or the afternoon when the road is blocked to traffic so people can walk/jog/bike.

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
If you just want to ride for brief while then I recommend that you rent a bike in the Mirador Sur park and ride either in the morning or the afternoon when the road is blocked to traffic so people can walk/jog/bike.

Hey Expatsooner! Yes, tell me, where do they rent bikes in the Mirador Sur park?

To everyone else, my intention was to only ride in a park, maybe the botanical garden or something, you know, somewhere safe and secure.

Thanks!

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
haven't been there for a while but there used to be a bike rental place not far from the nunez de caceras end of the park next to the bon with the little go carts and the pigeon houses