how long before you receive papers for US

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Does anyone know or have experience. Dominican wife (has her green card) of US citizen bringing her kids to US. We have a final interview scheduled in Santo Domingo after doing all the paperwork from the US. Does anyone know how long it is before the consulate issues the paperwork after the final interview? They give the petitioner a packet that allows that person to leave the DR for the US. I tried to call the Embassy but all I get is recordings sending me where I do not need to go. Never get to talk to a person.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Does anyone know or have experience. Dominican wife (has her green card) of US citizen bringing her kids to US. We have a final interview scheduled in Santo Domingo after doing all the paperwork from the US. Does anyone know how long it is before the consulate issues the paperwork after the final interview? They give the petitioner a packet that allows that person to leave the DR for the US. I tried to call the Embassy but all I get is recordings sending me where I do not need to go. Never get to talk to a person.

About two or three weeks.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Anyone have a Embassy-Consulate phone number that lets you talk to a person not a recording?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
For my wife it was one week however this time I did all the paperwork while in the US. Now we just have our final interview for the kids in Santo Domingo. Wonder if it will be different time frame.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Anyone have a Embassy-Consulate phone number that lets you talk to a person not a recording?

You need to buy a PIN number at "Banco Reserva" if you wish to speak with a human being at the US embassy. It's all about money :classic: