Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick mama n papa

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sick mama n papa

Not to be funny or anything but those almost everyone from d.r have a sick mom n dad lol. Just asking. Everyone I talk to.either mom or father or both or sick, high blood pressure, dibeitees r something???

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josemexicano View Post
    Not to be funny or anything but those almost everyone from d.r have a sick mom n dad lol. Just asking. Everyone I talk to.either mom or father or both or sick, high blood pressure, dibeitees r something???
    Clearly the universal free health care provided by the government isn't working.

Oh wait....

Nevermind.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Its sad

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Its sad
    But true... it's not only about health care, but education also.

I work with a 27 year old man, who is unhealthy to the point he had a heart attack (or stroke, not sure which) recently and had to have exploratory surgery. He has done nothing we can see to change his life style. In fact, him and his 18 year old GF are expect there second child they conceived 7 months after their first.

And this example is someone that was raised in the USA until his late teens.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

This is especially true if you are out of the DR and your novia needs some spending money. Sick mother, or her brother is in jail because he had a traffic accident. Western Union is alive and well in the DR.

6. Likes Rattus_Rattus, RacerX liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearly Josemexicano, it is a disturbing thing. Of course the only funny side is the amazing amount of sick mamas and Papas of Sankies but the truth is that there really are numerous Dominican elderly that are sick with high blood pressure and diabetes among other things.
    The diet of many white starches and not enough greens and fruits contributes to high sugar but most of all it is the poverty which does not allow them to be continually medicated. Simple generic meds keep BP and Sugar under control easily but without money, well....
    Great Grandma and two Great Aunts of my child have both diabetes and HBP and cant afford to follow the correct diet, they eat what they have and that's usually yuca and platanos. They don't take pills daily as needed and suffer for their inability to buy meds. It's a real problem for the poor.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

And they depend on foreniers to help them becuase they have no help

9. Dislikes RacerX disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

A sick parent is a better excuse then the girls in Thailand use. "My family's water buffalo just died and we can't harvest any food and we are all going to starve to death!"

11. Likes SKing, Africaida, Criss Colon, RacerX liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm reading this like "really?!?" SMDH

SHALENA

13. Likes EverythingJeff, Africaida, RacerX liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, in our case, they don't depend on foreigners. They just suffer day to day. Their children who work give them what they can but it's not enough to buy the pills, they just go without.
    Yes all the Sankie stuff is funny and at times ridiculous but there are very real problems for people who haven't got a Spankyette.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast