Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Location for Beach Wedding in Puerto Plata, maybe Playa Dorada?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Location for Beach Wedding in Puerto Plata, maybe Playa Dorada?

Myself and my fiancee want to get married on the beach, preferably in Playa Dorada. We were going to use Grand Paradise, but the price has doubled, and he now wants to charge all the gusts $40 per person just for coming, (not including using the pool or BEACH!?) Then said its $45 per person for food, which is a buffet. Even though their set menu online for the wedding states $20 per person.

So, we're back to square one, we want to get married on the beach, few chairs, little arch, rent a room for a few hours n have 25ish guests all eat together. No signing, No judge, no alcohol. Just a ceremony on the beach with chairs n decoration, followed by meal.

Any help?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a hotel in Sosua which overlooks the bay and has a gorgeous view. A friend got married there and it was very pretty. As for on the sand, I dont know. The ceremony we went to was upstairs above the el batey end of Sosua beach. Food was good and it was very photogenic. I think its the Sosua Beach Hotel. Others here will know more specific info if you wait a bit for more replies.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen some weddings on the beach in Puerto Plata on the malecon at the Seafood restaurant there it is about halfway down the strip. I cannot remember the name of the place but it is a nice location.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default There IsA Hotel In Sosua,Called "Puerto Fino", OR Something "ITALIAN"..KEN,HELP!

On The cliffs,overlooking the waves.
    Would be better than the beach,no sand.
    Wonderful food!
    Might be expensive,it is so cool!

KEN lives in a condo across the street,Ithink ??????????????/

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There are three places around Sosua where you can have a Beach Wedding : Hideway Bay/Chez Arsenio's , Natura Cabanas in Perla Marina, and though not quite a beach wedding - Piergiorgio Palace Hotel which over looks Sosua Bay. All three of these have accomodation and restarant/catering service.
    If you google them I am sure you will find the details. If not get back to me and I will try to find the Web sites for you!

HTH

Olly

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"PIERGIORGIO,s" Hotel is the place!
    Like I said,"Something ITALIAN"!

It really does have a "Fairy Tale"setting!

CC

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats it!! The wedding I went to was at Piergiorgio. It was a very nice setting. One good thing is that the setting is beautiful and yet if it rains you are still ok.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Embocca in Cabarete is a very nice setting, very helpful staff, everything you want, whatever or how you want it (at the right price but its fair). Very good food and good wines but its only a restaurant/bar with pool and with a private beach, not a hotel...

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    Thats it!! The wedding I went to was at Piergiorgio. It was a very nice setting. One good thing is that the setting is beautiful and yet if it rains you are still ok.
    I went to Drro's birthday party there in February - just LOVELY and what a view!

AE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Embocca in Cabarete

I also recommend you rest. Embocca in Cabarete. Its very nice place. My friends will getting marriage there at the begging of august

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast