Location for Beach Wedding in Puerto Plata, maybe Playa Dorada?

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
Myself and my fiancee want to get married on the beach, preferably in Playa Dorada. We were going to use Grand Paradise, but the price has doubled, and he now wants to charge all the gusts $40 per person just for coming, (not including using the pool or BEACH!?) Then said its $45 per person for food, which is a buffet. Even though their set menu online for the wedding states $20 per person.

So, we're back to square one, we want to get married on the beach, few chairs, little arch, rent a room for a few hours n have 25ish guests all eat together. No signing, No judge, no alcohol. Just a ceremony on the beach with chairs n decoration, followed by meal.

Any help?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
There is a hotel in Sosua which overlooks the bay and has a gorgeous view. A friend got married there and it was very pretty. As for on the sand, I dont know. The ceremony we went to was upstairs above the el batey end of Sosua beach. Food was good and it was very photogenic. I think its the Sosua Beach Hotel. Others here will know more specific info if you wait a bit for more replies.

web

Nov 5, 2005
I have seen some weddings on the beach in Puerto Plata on the malecon at the Seafood restaurant there it is about halfway down the strip. I cannot remember the name of the place but it is a nice location.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There IsA Hotel In Sosua,Called "Puerto Fino", OR Something "ITALIAN"..KEN,HELP!

On The cliffs,overlooking the waves.
Would be better than the beach,no sand.
Wonderful food!
Might be expensive,it is so cool!

KEN lives in a condo across the street,Ithink ??????????????/

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
There are three places around Sosua where you can have a Beach Wedding : Hideway Bay/Chez Arsenio's , Natura Cabanas in Perla Marina, and though not quite a beach wedding - Piergiorgio Palace Hotel which over looks Sosua Bay. All three of these have accomodation and restarant/catering service.
If you google them I am sure you will find the details. If not get back to me and I will try to find the Web sites for you!

HTH

Olly

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Thats it!! The wedding I went to was at Piergiorgio. It was a very nice setting. One good thing is that the setting is beautiful and yet if it rains you are still ok.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Embocca in Cabarete is a very nice setting, very helpful staff, everything you want, whatever or how you want it (at the right price but its fair). Very good food and good wines but its only a restaurant/bar with pool and with a private beach, not a hotel...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thats it!! The wedding I went to was at Piergiorgio. It was a very nice setting. One good thing is that the setting is beautiful and yet if it rains you are still ok.

I went to Drro's birthday party there in February - just LOVELY and what a view!

AE

Roman_dr

Feb 16, 2011
Embocca in Cabarete

I also recommend you rest. Embocca in Cabarete. Its very nice place. My friends will getting marriage there at the begging of august

Steve Martin

Jun 13, 2011
If you can afford then just fly to Bondai Beach,Sydney.Trust me its best for your wedding and for all the other parties.I am giving you a million dollar idea.