Loans

Josemexicano

Apr 24, 2011
I just had a conversation wit a dominican guy and want to ask this. How can someone in d.r get a loan without aa job lol. Its crazy. If you have no source of imcome how are you approved??

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I just had a conversation wit a dominican guy and want to ask this. How can someone in d.r get a loan without aa job lol. Its crazy. If you have no source of imcome how are you approved??

You seem to be a confused puppy. STOP placing all your threads on the Mars/Venus forum.

This is the second time today I have to move to the living forum.

I guess the loan is for a sankie!!!!!

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Bx, you dudes should start a separate forum for dudes to get adjusted to DR life or something. And in this case, you CANNOT get approved for a loan with no collateral nor income nor employment. You are only approved for a "loan(una presta)" if you have a foreign friend who wants to hear this bullshiit.

If Josemexicano has heard this then it is coupled with this following. "Oh, no, he got rejected by whomever he asked but he needs it sooo much. He is in (danger, peril, hunger, strife, hurt, aid, despair-pick one). Oh surely you can help me out Jose? Surely you can. It would be nothing to you." And then you like a rube would ask "HMm, how much is it?" And then they would say something like "Its only $200." And then you say "I will see what I can do." And then she will say "You can go to Western Union and do it right now." And then I would say "Well you know...dzzz n*%s dont wet themselves."

What have you learned Jose?

Josemexicano

Apr 24, 2011
I am only asking because someone got approvef for a loan with no job.only collateral was a phone as I was told. But they knew the loan people.it still shouldnt make a difference though if u know them or not

Reese

Oct 5, 2010
Jose...let me start by saying...the locals here that are not trying to get over on you would never talk with you about money or loans or anything of that nature over the phone to a stranger which is what you are at the moment to them. I don't care how many times you have talked to them over the phone, or few times you have seen them on your vacations, you are not part of the "inner circle" yet. Therefore these talks are for a strategy purpose. Next time you talk to this person. Everytime they bring up something that has to do with money, or someone being sick. Reply with a wow I hope everything works out and change the subject! Otherwise if you just want to donate money...how about you help your fellow American, I have a story and everything ...I have a sick three legged dog that will die if he doesn't have surgery to replace his leg and without him I won't be able to keep the ladrons away from my house and if they steal all of my chickens I will starve. And the vet said it has to be done by tomorrow or he can't save the leg...so if you could send me 60,000 pesos I promise I will pay you back as soon as my chickens lay some more eggs and I sell them. I can get to the western union office today if that will be easier for you. PLEASE JOSE your my only hope...my life and the life of my dog depends on you!!! How is that? Not good enough? Ok give me about 10 mins and I can come up with someone else that is sick and on their death bed. :devious:

People like to talk in the R.D. They (drunken youngsters outside the local colmado) talked about loans for hearing you say something magic like: "I dont need any loan, i have ten zillion trillion shiny american dollars under my matrass in the hotel"

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
People like to talk in the R.D. They (drunken youngsters outside the local colmado) talked about loans for hearing you say something magic like: "I dont need any loan, i have ten zillion trillion shiny american dollars under my matrass in the hotel"

To me, the easiest way I have found to terminate that loan talk was to ask for something in return so inconvenient and awkward that it would almost never have any chance of getting done. These people are quite passive-aggressive, so many times in order to thwart a confrontation they will just tell you what you want to hear. So you will have to up the ante. You have to make it so the tat in the tit-for-tat situation you are going to be presented with is so perverse that this person will never bring up the "loan" again.

I.e. Guy/or woman wants to hit you up for a loan, say that sounds amenable if you get to stab* his daughter. Then you close your request with "there are no free lunches in America."

*stab here is used as a reference to sexual coitus and not to commit an violent act.

Reese

Oct 5, 2010
To me, the easiest way I have found to terminate that loan talk was to ask for something in return so inconvenient and awkward that it would almost never have any chance of getting done. These people are quite passive-aggressive, so many times in order to thwart a confrontation they will just tell you what you want to hear. So you will have to up the ante. You have to make it so the tat in the tit-for-tat situation you are going to be presented with is so perverse that this person will never bring up the "loan" again.

I.e. Guy/or woman wants to hit you up for a loan, say that sounds amenable if you get to stab* his daughter. Then you close your request with "there are no free lunches in America."

*stab here is used as a reference to sexual coitus and not to commit an violent act.

LOL...but the problem is this is the DR and he/she might just take you up on the offer.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Jose...let me start by saying...the locals here that are not trying to get over on you would never talk with you about money or loans or anything of that nature over the phone to a stranger which is what you are at the moment to them. I don't care how many times you have talked to them over the phone, or few times you have seen them on your vacations, you are not part of the "inner circle" yet. Therefore these talks are for a strategy purpose. Next time you talk to this person. Everytime they bring up something that has to do with money, or someone being sick. Reply with a wow I hope everything works out and change the subject! Otherwise if you just want to donate money...how about you help your fellow American, I have a story and everything ...I have a sick three legged dog that will die if he doesn't have surgery to replace his leg and without him I won't be able to keep the ladrons away from my house and if they steal all of my chickens I will starve. And the vet said it has to be done by tomorrow or he can't save the leg...so if you could send me 60,000 pesos I promise I will pay you back as soon as my chickens lay some more eggs and I sell them. I can get to the western union office today if that will be easier for you. PLEASE JOSE your my only hope...my life and the life of my dog depends on you!!! How is that? Not good enough? Ok give me about 10 mins and I can come up with someone else that is sick and on their death bed. :devious:

Girl! I am on the damn floor!!!

SHALENA

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
LOL...but the problem is this is the DR and he/she might just take you up on the offer.

So? I dont see a bad side here. Can you? You knew who your friends were. All you really want to know is how much they want.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

well, for the poor much of the life is based on loans, usually at totally crazy rates. one of our workers borrowed money from prestamista to buy a motor. interest rate? 60% for 18 months.
prestamistas will take anything of value as a collateral: a car, motor, equipment, you name it. and trust me, they are not some soft hearted half wit gringos whose eyes fill with tears at "sick ma and pa" stories. these dudes will come to your house and roll ma and pa out of their coffins to sell them if you do not pay up.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
In the Zona Franca, La Vega, 20% a month was the rule. They had to hand over their ATM card with code so the prestamista could take the money from their account himself (why are they always males?).

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
And then you say "I will see what I can do." And then she will say "You can go to Western Union and do it right now." And then I would say "Well you know...dzzz n*%s dont wet themselves."

What have you learned Jose?

Hilarious...

Josemexicano

Apr 24, 2011
well, for the poor much of the life is based on loans, usually at totally crazy rates. one of our workers borrowed money from prestamista to buy a motor. interest rate? 60% for 18 months.
prestamistas will take anything of value as a collateral: a car, motor, equipment, you name it. and trust me, they are not some soft hearted half wit gringos whose eyes fill with tears at "sick ma and pa" stories. these dudes will come to your house and roll ma and pa out of their coffins to sell them if you do not pay up.
so its true u do not need a job?? Only sonething collateral..?

gandolf50

Apr 17, 2011
My girlfriend who is a Dominicana has a account in her home town in a Banco Cooperitivo(spell?). She can call from out of the country and arrange a loan for up to 300k DOP. She does not have a lot in the bank, maybe 90k but she has had the account for almost 10 years. So I imagine if you have a good history with a bank loans are possible.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
so its true u do not need a job?? Only sonething collateral..?

we are not talking about banks here, ok? remember that. bank will only give credit based on earnings or with something of significant value as a collateral (house, land). they may give a bit based on someone's history with the bank.
we are talking here about loan sharks, who, i am sure, constitute majority of all credit givers in DR. depending on the loan taken interest may be really killing. one of miesposo's workers has taken a loan to but a fridge. year later he already paid more than the fridge is worth in interest and still did not pay even a peso of the fridge. you get it? a year of regular payments and that's only to pay the interest...
every two weeks outside miesposo's planta there is a crowd of prestamistas waiting to get their money as people go out of work with their wages.