How is the weather in POP?

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The forecast always says rain and it has been raining lately but the sun will be around, no worries it's the tropics.

leeannimal

Apr 9, 2011
Not too bad then...from the looks of the forecast and satelites it looked like it was pouring and stormy!

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
The weather has been horrible. Raining everyday. Sun hardly out. Extremely humid. However right now it is sunny for once in the last month (at least it feels that way!). Hopefully the system that was hovering over us has finally moved on. It was drizzling this morning, so hopefully it doesn't return.

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
Definitely spoke too soon. It is pouring rain now and thundering. Hopefully this is the last big hoorah before we get some sun and nice days this summer!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
If POP is anything like Sosua. $%&^$$%&^, we haven't had a nice day in weeks.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
If POP is anything like Sosua. $%&^$$%&^, we haven't had a nice day in weeks.

But our weather has changed Eddy! We have gone from weeks of rain to rain with thunderstorms that came in today. I could not see POP from my place in Playa Chiquita at all this afternoon/evening. AND we have had about 6 hours of sun in the past month that almost blinded me. So we DO have sun!

I don't think that we have had a 24 hour period without rain for the last month or... two.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Sosua/Cabarete...rain, rain and more rain...doesnt mean you cant have fun though :)

As covered in another thread with lots of things to do even if it is raining. I'll add:

BUT IT'S A WARM RAIN!

Years ago my wife and I would not go into the pool because it was raining. WTF? Ya.... we are going to get wet anyway and into the pool we go.

We have a couple of horses that need to be worked/riden. So we put on some rain coats and hats and go riding. The really fun part is seeing people watching us riding in the rain. Sooo funny to see them watching us.

Our swimming pool is a wonderful green shade with all the rain. Turn on the lights at night a see the color.

Of course. We have DR1. A place that I'm spending more time at due to the rain.

Not sure if that's good or not?

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
As covered in another thread with lots of things to do even if it is raining. I'll add:

BUT IT'S A WARM RAIN!

Years ago my wife and I would not go into the pool because it was raining. WTF? Ya.... we are going to get wet anyway and into the pool we go.

We have a couple of horses that need to be worked/riden. So we put on some rain coats and hats and go riding. The really fun part is seeing people watching us riding in the rain. Sooo funny to see them watching us.

Our swimming pool is a wonderful green shade with all the rain. Turn on the lights at night a see the color.

Of course. We have DR1. A place that I'm spending more time at due to the rain.

Not sure if that's good or not?

Not sure about that last one either but the hell with it lol
Same here, this is the ideal time for me to train with the dogs. Nice drizzle but warm, I used to train in rain 4/5 times a week in winter at zero degrees...but its really funny how some Dominicans are looking at you...there goes that loco gringa in the rain whoehaa

Last edited:

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
It was absolutely great in POP this afternoon. I received a free natural car wash for about 3 hrs.:cheeky: