Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missions

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Missions

Anybody have information on medical mission groups that may go to Santiago, and surrounding areas (within an hour or two), or even the Capital.
    Please post mission group name
    Telephone number/ Contact person
    Specialty
    How often per year they go to the area

Please, only medical mission groups, especially surgery and OB. I need to start forming contacts with missions that will be in the area so that I will have something to do and keep my skills up on my off time, as I will only work in the states 1 week and then I will have 35 days off. I will need something to do when my kids are in school. I heard that there are some Surgical missions that go to Nova, for example. Any info on those?

Thanks,

SHALENA

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a group in Puerto Plata that does "operativos" in the barrios. The organizer is a retired physician from the US. The clinics tend not to be surgical or obstetric, but it is medical. The link to their website is:

International House of Hope | Without hope there is no life.

There is also the very large clinic in August that dv8's brother-in-law organizes. They have many doctors working there. I can PM you, if you want, the name and telephone number of a physician in Santiago who does a lot of free clinics.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I week and 35 days off ?! I chose the wrong career

Good luck in your search !

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

That word Nova should've said "Moca"

Thanks alot LaProfe, I will check into it....look out for a PM

Africaida.....yes, my career has its advantages, one being that there is always a shortage so they'll take what.they can get. Actually here, I am ALLOWED up to 6 weeks off between stints but I won't take that much! One week of nursing is you work it right can get you between $1550-$3000 after taxes

SHALENA

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my closest friends is a traveling nurse who spends her summers in Alaska and winters in Marco Island FLA. Not a bad set up at all!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I know one here in Santiago but unfortunately know Shalena won't see my post as she has me on ignore, oh well.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Well I know one here in Santiago but unfortunately know Shalena won't see my post as she has me on ignore, oh well.
    Thats easaly fixed

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Acira View Post
    Thats easaly fixed
    Good one, funny too.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is one that does a lot of work in Santiago. He is a spine surgeon and has a lot of upcoming dates now and even into next year in Santiago.

International Surgical Foundation

International Surgical Foundation
    8573 E Princess Drive, Suite #221
    Scottsdale, AZ 85255
    480-656-4048

Also found this school in NC Greensboro that the Nursing Staff and students take trips in March to do work in the DR not sure what area so here is the site info.

Surgical Mission to Dominican Republic | UNCG Campus Weekly

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Transformation House in Cabarete/Sabaneta area is always looking for help. They have a medical mission there that treats all different kinds of medical problems every day. You can find them on the web I believe, or if you're interested I can get more information for you. It's an awesome opportunity to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast