Slight tremor

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Face it, HB, you have gotten old and are not as steady as you once were.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Ken, when the ground does start a shaking it is the older folks that seem to have a steady stride and the wits to handle it. Don't knock em.

HB, could be someone using explosives for rock and boulder clearing in your area. Meanwhile, a check of the USGS website shows no activity near Santiago or the island as a whole for today, Thursday. The recorded seismic activity has been surrounding the Canal de Mona. The most recent were yesterday and were of no significance that would affect the Cibao area.

Regards,

PJT

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I did not feel anything in Playa Chiquita/Sousa area today but we are a long way from you. I always think I feel little earthquakes when I take my mid-day nap but it is usually only the ocean hitting the cliffs or all the dogs running up the stairs. Sometimes it's just my wife walking on the second floor. As small as she is, she has a heavy walk.

I hope that you welcomed ALL your children, family and dogs home at just about 2:22 PM. Enough to feel like the earth was moving. Or what Ken said.

Now... about all this rain. ???

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ken, when the ground does start a shaking it is the older folks that seem to have a steady stride and the wits to handle it. Don't knock em.

I'm not knocking them, I may be the oldest person on the board, or at least one of the oldest.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Was felt in jarabacoa,infact was heard and quite distinctive, followed by a couple of smaller rumbles within the following minutes.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
It was enough to stop me doing what I was doing for a moment and even considered heading outside of the building for a moment, but the times match up pretty much spot on as I did take note. But sure it could have been thunder, just the only brief thunder of the day if it was so.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
It was enough to stop me doing what I was doing for a moment and even considered heading outside of the building for a moment, but the times match up pretty much spot on as I did take note. But sure it could have been thunder, just the only brief thunder of the day if it was so.

Yep, seems like thunder to me. Had it several times, not a cloud in sight or maybe on the nearby mountains and out of the blue...one big thunder and rumble.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If my memory serves me, as it seldom does these days,2:22 was about 2 hours after my "comida" of rice & BEANS!
"IT" was a "LOUD ONE", but all the way to Santiago from SD? Yet again??

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am thinking that was it CCCCC!!
Funny thing is, I thought it might have been the dog and then looked around to check it out but he was nowhere around.

So I asked the board...oh well, next time the world is shaking, don't come running to me for comfort!!

HB