I need a reliable car repair shop in Santiago.

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
I have an SUV which needs general maintenance and I'm having issues running on LPG, when I run it on LPG it stutters, doesn't go past 3k RPM, and it wastes way too much LPG, when I run it on gasoline, it seems to run just fine. So I need a shop that can work both with the LPG systems and do maintenance on the vehicle.

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Who plumbed it for LPG?

I've got no idea, my father told me to take it to a shop that's by the cementary next to the firehouse, but I don't know where that's at. I've taken it to a few shops that install the LPG systems, and they always give me some BS excuse about not having a cable that they need to diagnose the thing.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I dont know this cable they speak of but it is probable a hydrocarbon leak detector they mean. See, this is the problem. I was relying on The Hun to give me the heads up but the dude broke out for Canada so any one looking a professional is most likely screwed.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
If the problem is the LPG system there are two place I would recommend;
Acosta gas = exit from santiago to Pto. Pta.
Tony gas = Autopita Dte. across the st. from AMAPROSAN next to the propane gas station.

If need a general reliable mechanic call "Pichon" 809-626-8833 he is located on Los Hoyos, Av. Padre las Casas Santiago

JJ

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I can recommend Centro Auto Monumental just down from Homs coming to Santiago on the right side well before the light at La Sirena. I bought my system 5 years ago and it has worked fine and they have always charged me a decent price for repairs as needed. It sounds like your regulator needs to be rebuilt. Their number is 809-226-5404. Felix is the person I speak and is an engineer and son of the owner.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have an SUV which needs general maintenance and I'm having issues running on LPG, when I run it on LPG it stutters, doesn't go past 3k RPM, and it wastes way too much LPG, when I run it on gasoline, it seems to run just fine. So I need a shop that can work both with the LPG systems and do maintenance on the vehicle.
My guess:
  • Your vaporizer diaphragm is shot
  • You have oil residue pooled in the vaporizer
A propane system need maintenance every 3-4 months.

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Actually, I got it fixed, went to a place that's on the way to Puerto Plata, turns out the system needed to be calibrated, and I asked about maintenance, and the guy said it didn't need it yet, they also changed the timing belt because it was squealing, I paid 1100 plus the price of the belt.