Miami Shipper Recommendations?

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
I have a client that uses a shipper here in Miami, I will get you the info in a little bit. My client swears by the guy so that is as good a recommendation as any. I am contemplating giving the guy a trial run for my new endeavor....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
We recently used Martinez for a box. Timely and well priced.
We have used Lar i mar also. They upped their prices and service to some areas of So. Florida was not good. But once they had the box, it arrived in a timely fashion. Numbers upon request.
HB

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Thanks for the info. I'm looking to ship some furniture. Maybe a TV.

Last edited:

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
Montero Shipping, Inc.

3304 NW 38th. Street

Miami, Fl.33142

305 633 0205 Office

305 978-6451 Cell

Luis

Aug 21, 2007
Okay. Sorry. That was the link for my account. Let me see if I can find their general website.

Lindsey

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Have used martinez many times and although a little pricey sometimes they arrive very quickly (2 weeks a couple times).

whiddons

Dec 19, 2010
Have used martinez many times and although a little pricey sometimes they arrive very quickly (2 weeks a couple times).

do you have a contact # for martinez? and did you ship a barrel or a box from Miami?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I'll get the information when I speak with my relatives. They ship boxes... Had a special going last month for $50 a box.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Encargo Paq information for shipping from Miami area to your door in DR

I just signed up and will soon try this service. From what I can see and after conversations with both the company and Lindsey who has used them extensively they seem to be a better deal than EPS, Vimenca and other services I have looked into:
Code:
Welcome, We hope you can enjoy it with the advantages we want to offer you. 

The answers to your questionsare listed below:

-The shipping address for your purchases to go is
10800 NW 103 St. Suite 5E Medley, FL 33178 USA
Ofic. 305.591.0412 Fax. 305.597.0366

-Our service is different because we want to offer you Comfortability of waiting for your packages at home!
So, YES, we do deliver it to your door, every time you use our service, and with no limits of pounds weight.

-After your packages arrives at our Warehouse in FL, it takes up to 48 to 72 hrs to be delivered to your door....
Also, if you register a credit card with automatic payment, its even faster, because we charge it as soon as
we receive it, and deliver it to you in first place... other packages take some calling for payment before delivering.

We have a single rate with all the taxes and additional charges included which is USD$ 3.65
this will apply for all the packages from 0 to 70 pounds... 

- Are larger items charged differently based upon size?  Is there an upper limit to the size of an item? 

Larger Sizes are not important when is about Courier packages, such as suddenly a big box....
but of course, if you decide to bring a surf board or something like it, we would offer you to bring it with
our Maritime services, which will be delayed one week, but its lot cheaper, and in this case, better.

-If you purchase to a commercial store, ussually they attach the invoice with your package, if you purchase an item
over the USD$200 we cant assure you the DGA (Customs General Direction) will not still apply some taxes
due that they have a "items value table", and if they consider the merchandise costs more, they will ignore whatever
the invoice says.
But of course that you can send us your invoice by email with the order number or tracking info so we can attach it to your
profile for this package. Send it to [EMAIL="servicios@encargogroup.com"]servicios@encargogroup.com[/EMAIL]
 [COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#2600FF][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#2600FF][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#2600FF][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#2600FF][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#2600FF][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#2600FF][COLOR=#000000]
Saludos,
Jacqueline Garrido
Enc. Servicio al Cliente
T. 809.560.5199
[U][COLOR=#2600ff][EMAIL="jacqueline@encargogroup.com"]jacqueline@encargogroup.com[/EMAIL] [/COLOR][/U]

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I just signed up and will soon try this service. From what I can see and after conversations with both the company and Lindsey who has used them extensively they seem to be a better deal than EPS, Vimenca and other services I have looked into:
Code:
Welcome, We hope you can enjoy it with the advantages we want to offer you. 

The answers to your questionsare listed below:

-The shipping address for your purchases to go is
10800 NW 103 St. Suite 5E Medley, FL 33178 USA
Ofic. 305.591.0412 Fax. 305.597.0366

-Our service is different because we want to offer you Comfortability of waiting for your packages at home!
So, YES, we do deliver it to your door, every time you use our service, and with no limits of pounds weight.

-After your packages arrives at our Warehouse in FL, it takes up to 48 to 72 hrs to be delivered to your door....
Also, if you register a credit card with automatic payment, its even faster, because we charge it as soon as
we receive it, and deliver it to you in first place... other packages take some calling for payment before delivering.

We have a single rate with all the taxes and additional charges included which is USD$ 3.65
this will apply for all the packages from 0 to 70 pounds... 

- Are larger items charged differently based upon size?  Is there an upper limit to the size of an item? 

Larger Sizes are not important when is about Courier packages, such as suddenly a big box....
but of course, if you decide to bring a surf board or something like it, we would offer you to bring it with
our Maritime services, which will be delayed one week, but its lot cheaper, and in this case, better.

-If you purchase to a commercial store, ussually they attach the invoice with your package, if you purchase an item
over the USD$200 we cant assure you the DGA (Customs General Direction) will not still apply some taxes
due that they have a "items value table", and if they consider the merchandise costs more, they will ignore whatever
the invoice says.
But of course that you can send us your invoice by email with the order number or tracking info so we can attach it to your
profile for this package. Send it to [EMAIL="servicios@encargogroup.com"]servicios@encargogroup.com[/EMAIL]
 [COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#2600FF][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#2600FF][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#2600FF][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#2600FF][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#2600FF][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#2600FF][COLOR=#000000]
Saludos,
Jacqueline Garrido
Enc. Servicio al Cliente
T. 809.560.5199
[U][COLOR=#2600ff][EMAIL="jacqueline@encargogroup.com"]jacqueline@encargogroup.com[/EMAIL] [/COLOR][/U]

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

For larger items they also have a maritime shipping option. You need to provide them with size, weight and what the item is to get a quote for that service which is also delivered to your door. [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
We've always used Carmen Cargo Express in Miami, which ships by boat to PP, and then to your door. Good, cheap and for some reason we don't seem to ever pay taxes......on anything.

www.carmencargoexpress.com

For the lighter stuff in Santo Domingo, Pobidom has never really steered us wrong, however these shipments are always watched closely by aduanas and you tend to pay tax on anything that warrants it. Including recently when I had 3 boxes from Amazon all arrive the same day (despite being ordered at different times) and Aduanas put them all together to calculate if it was over $200 which of course it was....Individually pay 0, together cost me RD$9,000...just a caution for those ordering from Amazon as Aduanas classifies Amazon as one seller, regardless if they are just fulfilment...

P. O. Box International, SRL