prosthetics in D.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
In my many yrs of travel to the Dom Rep I have seen so many people missing limbs from moto accidents etc. I have an old college friend who works in the prosthetics dep for Johnson & Johnson. I would like to get donations from him and the company to help change the lives of individuals on the island. I do not want the prosthetics going on the black market and making some political people and/or businessmen rich. I will be down in Sosua for a month starting next Thurs 6/16....any ideas on who I can approach with this plan?

Jan 17, 2009
You may want to talk to Chuck at the Monkey Jungle. He's got a clinic in Sosua to help the poor. I believe he recently had some orthopedics surgeons from the US assisting. Here's a link to his contact info:

Contacts

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I also think you should go to talk to Do?a Mary Perez de Marranzini. She is the founder of the Dominican Rehabilitation Institute, just off of Leopoldo Navarro, near Caribe Tours in Santo Domingo. She will give you the absolute, God's Honest Truth as to what you can do.

She is one of the finest persons in the DR, so you know there are no pols involved in this.

"Rehabilitaci?n" has branches in POP, Mao, Santiago and other cities, but the head office is Do?a Mary.

If you need a guide, I would be more than happy to accompany you on the trip to Santo Domingo...

Cordially,

HB

PS: Rehabilitacion makes most of their own prosthetic devices...maybe some collaboration with J&J could be in the works>???

Status
Not open for further replies.