getting from Barcelo Palace (PUJ) to Puerto Plata Fast!

belmundo

Apr 5, 2007
Hola amigos:

I hope someone is willing to give some good advice for my question. I am leaving the resort (barcelo palace) on a Tuesday. I checked into a flight, but can't find one for Tuesdays. so as far as I know, I can't get a scheduled flight. I would have been willing to pay the $180 or so that the flight goes for.

Maybe a bus then?
From what I read here, I think I need to get to the Expreso Bavaro station at 7:00 am, go to SDQ and then find another bus to pop. Any way I travel, I guess it will be about 7 hours or so. MOre time waiting to transfer buses.

Maybe a taxi?
I know the published taxi rates, but what do you think would be a more reasonable price for a ride I might be able to get for the whole trip?

Any advice about ride sharing or suggestions for negotiating a direct taxi would be appreciated.

thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might find a taxi that will do it for a couple of hundred...maybe, I don't have much experience.

HB

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
We can coordinate this transfer for you. Please visit our ad on dr1: Caribbean Dream - Tours & Excursions - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. and go to our website or contact us for a quote.

The other way would be a bus as you mentioned. Expreso Bavaro to Santo Domingo. Then a taxi from the Expreso Bavaro stop on Maximo Gomez to the Caribe Tours stop or Metro stop. Then a bus from there to Puerto Plata. I would allot about 8-9 hours in total for this option.