Advertising agencies in DR?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I'm looking for someone, or a firm, specializing in advertising in the DR to help us advertise our website.

Who do you suggest?

Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Pag?s in Santo Domingo.
Or talk to Gina Lovaton at Omnimedia, also in Santo Domingo.

They should help you. They are not cheap...

HB

Feb 7, 2007
If your budget is not in millions of pesos, majors will not look at you. You have to look for a boutique agency. I can make some calls and see what's in there.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks for your replies.

Actually, what I wanted was advice as to what I should do next when it comes to advertising. I guess I'm looking for an advertising consultant. I don't have millions, much less for advertising.

The reason I ask is that I put up several 'minivallas' and, even though they've only been up a few days, I don't think they'll have the impact that I was hoping for. I was then thinking of purchasing some ad time in the radio, plus a few other ideas, but I want to make certain that this is the way to go.

I just want to get the most bang for my buck.

Feb 7, 2007
It's absolutely too early to measure advertising impact after just a few days ... in many cases visible impact is achieved after several months of advertising... the frequency of the message (either seen, or heard) is what matters.

Feb 7, 2007
If your marketing is towards a website, you should start guerilla marketing on social networks and blog/community sites in the DR. That CAN drive your traffic more than radio ads or billboards.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I don't know if it's the same in the D.R., but unless you're actually looking for placement (media buys) and a lot of it, as opposed to consultation and/or just production, you might be better off with a marketing consultant/firm, and/or a good graphic design firm. Both of those types of companies are generally more suited to handling smaller clients. At least that's the usual case in the U.S. "Advertising agencies" generally equates with "BIG". Big agencies, big fees, big clients.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks again.

I understand that it's too early to measure the impact of the minivallas, but I assumed that someone seeing the minivalla would, at least of out of curiosity, visit the site.

I was also considering advertising with facebook since they 'claim' that there are 1.7M+ Dominicans there, but what percentage of those actually live in the DR? And even if all 1.7M live in the DR, do Dominicans actually look at those ads? It's a guess I can't afford to take...

That's why I need someone to point me in the right direction.

What firms should I contact for this? I'm in Santiago, but could meet in Santo Domingo.

Mark Lloyd

Sep 3, 2010
Hi

I have some experience in this area and have sent you a pm with regard to website promotion, I look forward to hearing from you.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
With Codetel offering decent plans cheap and the proliferation of private systems even in the campo (at around RD500 per month) more and more Dominicans are on the web. It's pretty amazing the growth I have seen in 5 years here and it seems everytime I see someone in the family on the web they are using facebook. I have around 130 facebook "friends" which around 30 are Dominicans in the family and growing.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I was also considering advertising with facebook since they 'claim' that there are 1.7M+ Dominicans there, but what percentage of those actually live in the DR? And even if all 1.7M live in the DR, do Dominicans actually look at those ads? It's a guess I can't afford to take...

Forget local firms, they are all looking for big amounts, have little knowledge and pray on the ignorant.

Facebook is killer. It drives traffic like no other site I have ever seen.
Locally it's still very social and only a few companies have latched onto the commercial aspect.

If you are going to use it, then make sure you find someone that knows the platform very well, or you might be hitting your budget caps a lot sooner than you ever imagined! You can GEO target by location, so Dominicans abroad are not an issue.

Golden Nugget:
Test your campaigns on a CPM basis (cheaper), then move to CPC when you have optimized your ads, landing pages etc. That way you couldn't careless who looks at the ad as your paying on a cost-per-click basis.

I would help, but I'm slammed with work and don't come cheap :)

Last edited:

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks for your reply.

Who would you suggest that understands facebook marketing and the Dominican culture?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks for your reply.

Who would you suggest that understands facebook marketing and the Dominican culture?
I would help, but I'm slammed with work and don't come cheap :)
So far, nothing has come cheap. But I appreciate your offer to help.

Mark Lloyd

Sep 3, 2010
Hi,

I sent you a pm with regard to this yesterday, Facebook can be a great medium for getting noticed and driving interest you your website, however it does slightly depend on what you are marketing, as one of the defining creteria on targeted marketing in Facebook is based on customers likes for example if a lot of people like sheltie dogs and you are marketing sheltie dogs then your responses will be that much higher as you are driving an advert to a Market already expressing a like for sheltie dogs. If you are marketing a will writing service it is highly unlikely that anyone will have placed a like in their profile for that! Of course this oversimplifies things somewhat but I hope you can understand what I am driving at. Marketing starts with tour website and the metatags and relevant tags you have placed in it, the number of pages you have etc, this can start the ball rolling by moving you up the google ladder. You can then start creating more interest by placing targeted questions into various forums that have a good hit rate in the feild that your product / service falls into. This has two effects, firstly it will increase interest in your site therefore creating site visits, and secondly it will return more results in google searches. From there you can then adopt a number of different marketing strategies based upon some market feedback. If you would like to pm me your website address I would be happy to take a look and give you an idea of what might be the best course to follow.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
If my target audience was high school or college youth I would set up some local promotions at businesses where the frequent(restaurants, clubs) or sponsor activities at local schools. Getting someone to do color flyers and whatnot really isn't that expensive nor hiring young people for help either.