Helicopter trip from Santo Domingo to Samana

collarman

Jun 13, 2011
Greetings all!

I would like to to know if there is a charter helicopter ride from Santo Domingo to Samana and if so what's the price per person? I have hear from several Dominican locals that you can get a charter helicopter ride to Samana en el Malecon for about $45 to 70 USD. Can anyone confirm? Or can you advice on price and location of helicopter flights/heliport? I will be visiting the country next month (July) and will be staying in a resort with family and friends in the Punta Cana section of Dominican Republic. Also, what's the estimated travel time between Punta Cana to La Vega? Thanks!

Tonydomrep

Feb 22, 2009
you are looking for a price from SD to Samana, but staying in Punta Cana??? Samana is not in Punta Cana.

chopper flights around 750-800 usd per hour. There are no regular flights. Only small planes.
Call Jean-Pierre 829-248 4087 for flights, choppers and planes.

Punta Cana - La Vega by car around 4,5 - 6,5 hrs. Depends on traffic.

May 5, 2007
Greetings all!

I would like to to know if there is a charter helicopter ride from Santo Domingo to Samana and if so what's the price per person? I have hear from several Dominican locals that you can get a charter helicopter ride to Samana en el Malecon for about $45 to 70 USD. Can anyone confirm? Or can you advice on price and location of helicopter flights/heliport? I will be visiting the country next month (July) and will be staying in a resort with family and friends in the Punta Cana section of Dominican Republic. Also, what's the estimated travel time between Punta Cana to La Vega? Thanks!

If you are looking for a rotor ride from Santo Domingot to Samana in $40-70 USD price range I fear you will be required to feed the squirrels and flap your arms like crazy In other words, don't take anything with a rotor that they claim can fly that cheaply