Adenoidectomy

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
Anyone in Santo Domingo had thier child adenoids removed? Recommend a good KNOWLEDGEABLE doctor? Scalpel or laser I researched and was informed convalesces is less with scalpel, true?

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hi, I have assisted in a few T&As and also just the Adenoids. My son also had his removed 3 months ago when he was 9 months. I don't know about the DR but in the US the scalpel is rarely used, it is considered old school. We use a machine called a Coblator and it basically incinerates the Adenoids. With this method there is not even a specimen. My son's recovery took about 3-4 days even though his surgeon said only 2. Also they only gave me Tylenol for his pain and the second day I had to call them for stronger pain medicine ad all he did was cry and refuse to eat.
I picked my son's whole OR team, surgeon, nurse, anesthesia MD, etc as I worked with them and knew who was the best but since this is not an option for you I would strongly recommend only picking a surgeon on recommendation as if not done correctly, your child could have problems in the future.

SHALENA