Moving to Punta Cana soon

UmSulaiman

Apr 19, 2011
Hey All,
I got a short notice job offer and I am considering moving to Punta Cana. It looks like I will need to get my own appliances and furniture...any good cheap spots in the area? If I go to SD will they deliver it to PC? Are there any places to rent the stuff without purchasing completely? help! Please :)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Cheap spots in the area - not really, but if you want to save a trip to the capital where you might get better deals you can get just about everything you need in the area. Corripio (Centro San Juan) and Americana (Friusa) for appliances, kitchen and bathroom equipment from Supermercado Nacional in Punta Cana and furniture from several places in the area like Ilumel (nice but not cheap). Do a search on Punta Cana furniture stores for more details.

If you do venture to the capital there is much more choice and variety in terms of prices. Most good places deliver to PC.

trangalanga

Jun 10, 2011
www.villa-elena-bavaro.com
Hi,

Most apartments in the area are rented with furniture and appliances.

If for some reason you cannot rent a furnished flat, your options are:

1. Buying in this area (Punta Cana, Ver?n, B?varo): short selection and high prices.

2. Going to Hig?ey, or further down to La Romana: the closest you get to the Capital city, the better the deal.

3. Travelling to SD: some places will deliver the merchandise (and charge you for it), but depending on how much stuff you are carrying you can always rent a big car or a van for a week-end.

I do not know of any place that rents furniture or appliances here.

UmSulaiman

Apr 19, 2011
Thanks guys (or gals). The reason why I need furniture and appliances is because the job offers a paid apt but it is unfurnished...I will have to ask my friends about making the trip to SD otherwise I will look around where you recommended.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Well I have seen the Ikea delivery truck in Punta Cana, not sure what kind of charge there is for that though.

Nov 17, 2007
ikea delivers free of charge.
I ordered and paid from spain and when I was in the DR they came and delivered and some stuff was not available at that moment and had to come later,but you can trust these guys and finally everything worked out well and I saved a trip to SD.
at telepedidos there is a girl called Anabela who really did her best, check out the web, you can even live chat with here.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Moving to Punta Cana soon gonna be a dental floss tycoon..(Que guitar solo).
Im a bit crazy, its just the first thing that popped into my head...

Congratulations on your job offer though!

como vegano

Apr 2, 2011
"Jazz is not dead... it just smells funny"

Moving to Punta Cana soon gonna be a dental floss tycoon..(Que guitar solo).
Im a bit crazy, its just the first thing that popped into my head...

Not that crazy... it happened to me too.
I might get me a horse... just about this big... and ride all along the boarder...
Then I'd get a cup of coffee... and give my foot a push... just me and the pygmy pony over by the dental floss bush

:cool: