Square for credit card payments

LW1

Dec 1, 2008
Has anyone actually used the new credit card payment system, Square here in the D.R.?

Feb 7, 2007
You need a US bank account to withdraw, plus a US social security number, plus a credit file history for identity check. Not many Dominican businesses will be able to comply with the conditions. I have already ordered one to try ... it should arrive within 2 to 5 days, so we'll see ...

LW1

Dec 1, 2008
Rubio,
I have my dongle coming also and will try it.I was just wondering if anyone had used it her yet.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
You need a US bank account to withdraw, plus a US social security number, plus a credit file history for identity check. Not many Dominican businesses will be able to comply with the conditions. I have already ordered one to try ... it should arrive within 2 to 5 days, so we'll see ...
Their ToS says:

The Service and your Square Account may only be used in the fifty states of the United States of America and the District of Columbia.

I'm not sure it can be used in the DR even with a US bank account by a US citizen...

LW1

Dec 1, 2008
Cobraboy,

Always good to read the TOS, thanks. I heard Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and now Sqaure, saying he wanted Square to accept payments worldwide, so hopefully at sometime it will work here.

Feb 7, 2007
Well, we can try... I have ordered it, they said they shippe dit but so far...nothing came to Miami. We'll see...