Best AI hotel in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Can anyone tell me the current best family hotel in POP? Havent been back for 3 years and travel agents are limited. To be fair, all the hotels look quite dated from photos (although that doesnt really bother us). We just want the best options. Little one is coming up to 5 years, so good kids entertainment would be a plus :knockedou

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
Iberostar Costa Dorado is nice.

A group of us with kids ranging from 5 to 15 years old went to Iberostar Costa Dorado for a week in the spring. The rooms were somewhat dated and basic, but the food was surprisingly good in the buffet (never tried other restaurants). We never tried the kids club but noticed very few kids were there so I imagine that unless more children participated, it probably would not be too popular for the children. We spent most of the time in the pool and some at the beach. We bought the rooms on Expedia which was much less expensive than buying them directly from the hotel (I went over to check in person). Overall it is a good hotel for a family trip and I guess that I would rate it a two or three star and we will go back again. As long as your expectations are realistic, I think you will enjoy the property. Have a nice trip.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Thank you for your reply. I've been many times, my hubby is Dominican, but now we have our son our needs have changed. Before we didn't care for luxury or food ... Brugal and presidente had all the answers lol since our last trip 3 years ago things have changed, iberostar used to be the best hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.