What's better? Una cuera or an actual girlfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn27

May 24, 2010
Hi, I need some advice. I've been going to DR every six weeks to visit a woman that I care very deeply about. She's a dentist and makes decent money. I'm not sure what our status is, when I'm in the US I date around, as does she in DR, but when I'm there I now stay at her apartment and we do everything together for the week that I'm there.

I just decided to go back for 4th of July weekend and I called her to let her know. She seemed somewhat indifferent our whole conversation and kept saying everything was ok. I know her pretty well by now so I kept pressing her. Finally she said "No toy para relajos ni pasatiempos pa nadie!" and hung up. I'm really ****ed. I interpreted that as her implying that I'm using her and thought we were on the same page. If anything it's more expensive to be with her as opposed to some cuera, because I pay for dinners, drinks, hair, nails, I even helped her out with her rent one month (she never asked me I wanted to.)

I'm not sure what to do.. The sex is good but it seems like she's giving me an ultimatum. I can't move there; I live in the US. Is it even worth trying to semi date someone if I live in the US and come down every 6 weeks or should I just rely on cueras for cheap thrills and purely platonic friendships. I appreciate any responses.

Thanks.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
should I just rely on cueras for cheap thrills and purely platonic friendships. I appreciate any responses.

Thanks.

No, no ,no.

Why hookers? I don't get it. Are you that desperate?

Come on man.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If anything it's more expensive to be with her as opposed to some cuera, because I pay for dinners, drinks, hair, nails, I even helped her out with her rent one month (she never asked me I wanted to.)

I was wondering where she got the money to pay for our weekend toether in Punta Cana for my Birthday!

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Your either going to have to step it up with.....

A. Start buying her more expensive things, and start going down on her

B. Commit, and mess up your nice arrangement.....(PS......you don't wanna do this)

C. Put her on her the Gringo payroll.....(monthly stimulus Pesos)

D. Call her bluff, and say " No problemo, have a nice life"

Hey, I know no one likes to walk away from good sex. But this is a no brainer.

Option "D" would be my answer.....

She has found your emotional "weak spot"......STAY STRONG........This is the moment that separates the "Men from the.......well....... you know the rest.......

Good luck!!!!!!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hi, I need some advice. I've been going to DR every six weeks to visit a woman that I care very deeply about.

You care about her deeply, but.....Kind of says it all doesn't it. What we have here is a failure to communicate. Perhaps, since it was a sudden decision of yours to go for the 4th, perhaps she felt unconsulted. Maybe it was your words, not so much what you said, but how you said it.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'm not sure what to do.. The sex is good but it seems like she's giving me an ultimatum. I can't move there; I live in the US. Is it even worth trying to semi date someone if I live in the US and come down every 6 weeks or should I just rely on cueras for cheap thrills and purely platonic friendships. I appreciate any responses.
Maybe she wants more than you're willing or able to give.

Maybe she DOES feel like a convenient toy.

Remember what makes many women tick:

WomensBrain.gif

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Robert, that is hilarious..... Pardon me but I don't do "Like-Dislike"

Please accept this as a true "like"....

I live in a house full of women..... I have tried for years to decipher things..

I'm glad to see the answer in its simplest form

MMensah

Oct 30, 2010
To be visiting every 6 weeks, you must like this lady for more than just sex, so finding "un cuero" is probably not an equal alternative. From the sounds of her response, she probably does feel like you are using her as your low-cost comfy treat when you decide to roll through town. No serious, professional woman is going to allow a man to have that kind of unlimited access for free, for very long. She likely expects you to treat her more like a girlfriend, with the Gringo Stimulus package in effect. It is your decision if she is worth it to you. If not, she will likely have no problem letting you go find someone else to waste their time having sex with you for nails and dinner.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Hi, I need some advice. I've been going to DR every six weeks to visit a woman that I care very deeply about. She's a dentist and makes decent money. I'm not sure what our status is, when I'm in the US I date around, as does she in DR, but when I'm there I now stay at her apartment and we do everything together for the week that I'm there.

I just decided to go back for 4th of July weekend and I called her to let her know. She seemed somewhat indifferent our whole conversation and kept saying everything was ok. I know her pretty well by now so I kept pressing her. Finally she said "No EStoy para relajos ni pasatiempos pa' nadie!" and hung up. I'm really ****ed. I interpreted that as her implying that I'm using her and thought we were on the same page. If anything it's more expensive to be with her as opposed to some cuera, because I pay for dinners, drinks, hair, nails, I even helped her out with her rent one month (she never asked me I wanted to.)

Thanks.

She wants commitment. She wants to be put on the payroll. She wants marriage and for you to bring her there.
She wants to move on up in life by aligning herself with you. She wants to make herself with child. She wants to be hogarena and in the family way. She thinks she has chosen you to be that man. You must be doing real well because you can afford to visit every 6 weeks. She wants permanence in that situation. She is tired of giving you the milk for free, she wants you to buy the cow. No more hot laps, she wants you to purchase the car.

Your choice? I think R&B was on point here. Come on the 4th and find another person to hang out with. Not as a punitive measure against her but as a way to feel things out for yourself. This woman wants to be locked down. Do you want to do that? You call her the day before you leave or when you return to MIA. Say whats up, sorry I missed you, maybe next time we can hang.

Finally, ultimatums and guilt-complexes are NOT good ways to start relationships, especially when there are many similar options every where you look. I get that all the time. Your call.

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010

I just decided to go back for 4th of July weekend and I called her to let her know. She seemed somewhat indifferent our whole conversation and kept saying everything was ok. I know her pretty well by now so I kept pressing her. Finally she said "No toy para relajos ni pasatiempos pa nadie!" and hung up. I'm really ****ed. I interpreted that as her implying that I'm using her and thought we were on the same page. If anything it's more expensive to be with her as opposed to some cuera, because I pay for dinners, drinks, hair, nails, I even helped her out with her rent one month (she never asked me I wanted to.)

Thanks.

If you care for her do something diffrent than shackup in the apartment for a week ,truth be told that's nothing but a booty call.Go to a resort for a few days walk on beach n all that good stuff,have fun.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
If you care for her do something diffrent than shackup in the apartment for a week ,truth be told that's nothing but a booty call.Go to a resort for a few days walk on beach n all that good stuff,have fun.

No. I m sorry bro. That sounds like a good idea but No. What will happen is he will take her to the resort and he wont get any sex. Whatever, period, headache, tired. Dude wont get any sex. She will be still waiting for the marriage proposal. So how is he going to have fun in any resort town when he is expected to do all the things couples do except intercourse? I ve been there myself. The best thing in the whole incident was that muttering the phrase "You gotta go" said in english was easily understand by the woman I was with. Save yourself the aggravation.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
She wants commitment. She wants to be put on the payroll. She wants marriage and for you to bring her there.
While I understand that in a poor country there are those who want to be put on the "payroll," I completely disagree that it applies across the board, especially among the professional class.

Men tend to be blind to female perceptiveness. Men are often behaviorial and strategic oafs, thinking their booty call doesn't see their motives.

Just as a guy might drop a woman who starts asking for money because he doesn't want to be financially used, a girl may drop a guy if she thinks she's being sexually used. Not all women in the DR are whores or even Whore-Lites. To deny that shows a real lack of cultural knowledge. I would say the vast majority of Dominican women want the same thing women have wanted across every culture since the beginning of time: an emotional bond with a partner, a family unit and domestic security.

To me the very thought of "what do I do, a whore or a GF" shows the OP's mindset. He didn't want a GF. He wanted a sex partner on demand for an easy vacation. To think a professional woman, after a bunch of trips like this, doesn't see the true motive of the OP is saying she is blind to behaviors and motivations.

The OP has only two options:
  • Treat her like a real GF and offer the level of respect and commitment she requires...if she could even believe it. If that means applying for a visa to be together permanently, so be it.
  • Move on to a whore, if that is what she really was, a convenient on-demand sex toy.

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
No. I m sorry bro. That sounds like a good idea but No. What will happen is he will take her to the resort and he wont get any sex. Whatever, period, headache, tired. Dude wont get any sex. She will be still waiting for the marriage proposal. So how is he going to have fun in any resort town when he is expected to do all the things couples do except intercourse? I ve been there myself. The best thing in the whole incident was that muttering the phrase "You gotta go" said in english was easily understand by the woman I was with. Save yourself the aggravation.
NOOOO!!!!!! YOU GOT PLAYED , If you din't get any prior to going to a resort what make's you think you would get any on a resort.
It's not dude's first time with her so if he's been hittin it on the regular and he care's about her what's the problem, just because you got played by a ho .

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
While I understand that in a poor country there are those who want to be put on the "payroll," I completely disagree that it applies across the board, especially among the professional class.

Men tend to be blind to female perceptiveness. Men are often behaviorial and strategic oafs, thinking their booty call doesn't see their motives.

Just as a guy might drop a woman who starts asking for money because he doesn't want to be financially used, a girl may drop a guy if she thinks she's being sexually used. Not all women in the DR are whores or even Whore-Lites. To deny that shows a real lack of cultural knowledge. I would say the vast majority of Dominican women want the same thing women have wanted across every culture since the beginning of time: an emotional bond with a partner, a family unit and domestic security.

To me the very thought of "what do I do, a whore or a GF" shows the OP's mindset. He didn't want a GF. He wanted a sex partner on demand for an easy vacation. To think a professional woman, after a bunch of trips like this, doesn't see the true motive of the OP is saying she is blind to behaviors and motivations.

The OP has only two options:
  • Treat her like a real GF and offer the level of respect and commitment she requires...if she could even believe it. If that means applying for a visa to be together permanently, so be it.
  • Move on to a whore, if that is what she really was, a convenient on-demand sex toy.

That would be great if the practice of dating existed here. It doesnt. The concept does, but the application doesnt. There is very little social courting. It is basically finding an attractive partner and "staking a claim." Before the OP decides to "make a commitment" he should know what he is getting into. There are others like myself that say "Yes a relationship would be a great thing. But Marriage? Aint never going to happen." So now what? He can be the villian if you want him to be, but the domestic pool of males will offer them no different nor better. So why capitulate and accept a condition that clearly he doesnt want and she couldnt better by herself?

He can treat her like a girlfriend(whatever that means) and try to content himself believing he has found the best women on the island(for his life, at present, all due circumstances, etc.). I can predict that within short time of this established relationship he will find himself bored with her. There is stimulation in variety and he will make the effort.

And I m not willing to beatify her just because it is convenient. Women arent that perceptive. If they were romanticism would be ruled out by pragmatism. If she was perceptive she would have asked for marriage first. She clearly wanted sex with him also. If she has been with him for at least 3 of these frequent visits then there is an end goal to this. We are only speculating to what it is, but one thing is most probable. And any woman asking for monetary favors for her presence, sexual, non-sexual &/or asexual is a whore. How good she is at achieving this from him determines if she is a whore-lite.

Just because she is a dentist, doesnt mean she is economically self-sufficient and can qualify for a visa on her own. Nor does it mean that she doesnt want to quit it all and be a house-wife. I dont know how many women you talk to but I talk to a lot. Failed couplings(sometimes marriages), single moms, economic circumstances, job discrimination, etc., even the ones with professional careers would still look to drop all that to be hogarena. Same thing in the United States. Everyone wants the liberty to do a Michelle Obama move.

If you want to compare relationships to automobiles I would say my whole life I have owned used cars. The idea is not to pay more than you want and know what you are buying.

I think shawn has one option, friend status. Demote her to friend until further notice. Find someone else to hang out with until the situation settles down.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
NOOOO!!!!!! YOU GOT PLAYED , If you din't get any prior to going to a resort what make's you think you would get any on a resort.
It's not dude's first time with her so if he's been hittin it on the regular and he care's about her what's the problem, just because you got played by a ho .

Thats not it. What you said was take her to a resort. I said he wont get sex at a resort. She will not have sex until she gets a proposal and white dress and all that. He hit it before, so what? She is not going to be swayed by a resort. The resort is the cake, she wants the frosting too. She is saving it for her husband.

FTR, I never took any body to the resort. I dont like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.