Place to go Las Terrenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bklynny

Jan 29, 2009
mrsmangu.com
Alisei, Albachiara are both nice places to stay - Alisei is along the beach just west of town, and Albacharia is on the opposite side of town, near Punta Popy. Stay away from Gran Bahia if you want to be near or in town. It's a good 10-15 minutes drive away from any of the restaurants, etc. It's an AI though, so if you stayed there I guess it wouldn't matter because you'd have the food but you'd miss out on the ambiance of the town which would be a shame.

I love La Dolce Vita - Every time we've eaten there it's been fantastic. Mi Corazon is superb, and I've heard The Beach Restaurant is excellent but haven't gotten there yet - it's on my list for the next trip to LT. Of course Luis' at Playa Coson is always a hit and the beach there is gorgeous. Pizza Coco has delicious brick oven, super thin pizza. Wish I had one right now!

Jun 17, 2011
Whil we were there, we saw that the Palapa Hotel was being renovated, the rooms will be cheap, clean and the spot is great right in front of the beach. Might want to check it out and see if they have any rooms ready.

Try Kahuna, right in front of this hotel, best breakfast we had there, and the burgers are to doe for, no frozen fries, real home made ones! The owners are the sweetest couple ever.

Also had diner at La Terrasse, wow, great sea food, nice decor, great wine. Will be back there as well.

Lisa and Tony

jmd397

Jun 25, 2011
Mojitos bar and resteraunt right on the beach is a great place in Las Terrenas. The food is great, the owner is very nice and is very amiable. They speak all languages there so if your American and don't speak Spanish you'll be ok.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Playa Colibri and Aleisi are two real good condo style resorts on the beach.

JesusSantoDomingo

Jun 17, 2011
Many thanx to all for you suggestions.

We stayed at Alisei, it was a great place, right on the beach. We also went to Kahuna's, and Lisa and Tony, you guys were right on the money about this place. We had breakfast there, and also, their burgers are to die for, with REAL french fries. The canadian couple who own the place, were just so nice to us. They gave our kids stickers and bandanas!

We also went to El Thalassa, which was right by our hotel. GREAT sea food, and the owner-chef (we forget his name) couldnt have been nicer.

We definately will be back to LT very soon.

Once again, thanx for all you great suggestions

J

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Many thanx to all for you suggestions.

We stayed at Alisei, it was a great place, right on the beach. We also went to Kahuna's, and Lisa and Tony, you guys were right on the money about this place. We had breakfast there, and also, their burgers are to die for, with REAL french fries. The canadian couple who own the place, were just so nice to us. They gave our kids stickers and bandanas!

We also went to El Thalassa, which was right by our hotel. GREAT sea food, and the owner-chef (we forget his name) couldnt have been nicer.

We definately will be back to LT very soon.

Once again, thanx for all you great suggestions

J

Benoit and Julien (two brothers), 2 very nice guys :) (my next door neighbors when in LT).

Status
Not open for further replies.