Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Circus of Dreams

This is a great video about the Circus of Dreams, founded and run by our very own laurajane (who has been away from the boards for a while, busy with other things like having babies).
    They started out on the east coast performing at the hotels in the area. Their fame has since spread and they now perform at events in different parts of the country:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C6LOVyo9UuE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Chirimoya; 06-18-2011 at 03:52 PM.

2. Likes Matilda, cobraboy, AlterEgo, jrhartley, fidget and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done!!! After all she went through to get that equipment together!! Congratulations! Break a leg.

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chirimoya, I am still around and pop in here quite regularly, but keep a,low profile these days. Thanks for sharing this video, it took a long time getting here, 5 years in fact but things are going well and i am really pleased with this video.

Thanks again

Goddess
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I saw Vanesa (Nadia's ballet teacher) at 00:16.

While I have never watched the whole show they are a staple at celebrations in PuntaCana. Great job LJ!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pib View Post
    I think I saw Vanesa (Nadia's ballet teacher) at 00:16.

While I have never watched the whole show they are a staple at celebrations in PuntaCana. Great job LJ!

Hi yes Vanesa works with us and is amazing! I made those stilt costumes myself for the Christmas fair in Punta Cana, I also had a Christmas tree stilt walker which was a real hit.

Thanks again

Goddess
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Great video! I met Laurajane and her husband Antonio the other day. They've worked HARD to achieve what they have - something so unique for this island. Through their dedication, passion and enthusiasm they've given their team of performers (mostly ex street kids) a whole new outlook on life. Keep up the good work guys!

9. Likes laurajane liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent Video....I saw the show in Punta Cana at the Grand Palladium Bavaro and it was spectacular...Best of Luck to all...

11. Likes laurajane liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pib View Post
    Yep!

I love these photos, Would it be possible for you to send me these in Hi Res to [email protected]

Would really appreciate it!

Thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yb1 View Post
    Great video! I met Laurajane and her husband Antonio the other day. They've worked HARD to achieve what they have - something so unique for this island. Through their dedication, passion and enthusiasm they've given their team of performers (mostly ex street kids) a whole new outlook on life. Keep up the good work guys!
    Thanks, it was really great to talk to you too and thank you again for your interest in us!