Where to take a Dominican sightseeing in Wash DC?

dangerousdave

Feb 18, 2007
My girl is coming to America in a few weeks and we are driving to NYC but first stopping in DC for 2 days. I have been there many times but I need to know what might be of special interest for a Dominican citizen to see there. Thanks, Dave

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Smithsonian, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, White House (Jefferson Park) C&O Canal

HB

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The Federal Reserve Bank where your money is; Wheaton Md, home to many Dominican Salons and Salvadorean Pupusarias that play lots of Bachata with cold Presidente; Flower Ave. and Piney Branch Rd home of Manna Dominican Restaurant. A boat ride on the Potomac River from 31st and K Sts. NW., Georgetown to shop, The Salsa Room on Columbia Pike to dance.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I grew up in that area but that was a lonnnnggg time ago. The last time I was in D.C. about 15 years ago abut I did want to visit a few places from that long ago time. Also I’m thinking that she might recognize some of the names and might want to see some of these places.

You might want to Google Earth to get a little oriented.

Phoenix Park Hotel on North Capitol St., across from the Union Station Metro. Nice older Hotel and easy walk to the Capital building and other U.S. buildings around it. Museums on Madison and Jefferson West of the Capital. I like the National Gallery of Art but so many others that you two can find what you like. The Washington Monument is at the end of this area but you can continue on past the Reflecting Pool to the Lincoln Memorial.

Or North a couple of blocks from the Monument to the White House or South to the Jefferson Memorial and the River.

The Kennedy Center for Performing Arts is in the area also, but I’ve never been so don’t know much about it.

All of this you can walk to from that hotel.

A short drive you can pass the Pentagon and go to Arlington National cemetery, Kennedys’ grave and the Tomb of the Unknown. You might want to find out the times of the changing of the guard.

I’m sure others will have some good and newer ideas for places to go and things to do.

Have fun.