Step childern permission papers

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
I just got to the US with my wife and stepson, new regulations at the airport require a RD$2000. payment for each child to leave the country???? WTF
A women on line there had 4 kids and not enough money, I told her to give the kids to the migration and see what they would do.
You have to pay the 2k every time you leave the country, returning to visit for the holidays just cost more of everthing. They take the permission paper, so if we return we have to get another paper signed and stamped by the local lawer then schlep (does schlep have one e or two) to SD, a 5 hr bus ride, to have some other yahoo stamp the paper (that will be more pesos please, thank you move along). Hotels, food, and sore a-- all add up to pain in the A--.
It was easier when everyone just took bribes, you didn't have to go through all this phony paper shuffle BS.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have not idea why this would be. I have traveled with my grandchildren several times and not problem. Unless they are citizens of another country that have overstayed visits. It seems that this is just too strange...we need more information.

HB

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
I have not idea why this would be. I have traveled with my grandchildren several times and not problem. Unless they are citizens of another country that have overstayed visits. It seems that this is just too strange...we need more information.

HB

They are Dominicans, and I was told that it is a new regulation. Childern traveling without thier natual father must have permission paper and pay RD$2000 per child.
Last year I traveled w/a friends wife and her 2 childern, the migration officer said her papers were not in order.........but for $2000rd they could go, but had to meet in the bathroom and payoff there. This year it seems that they made it a policy.
I asked if this was official kidnapping and they got VERY upset, can't figure out why!!!!