good vet in POP?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am looking for a good vet in puerto plata. for a cat.
no, i will not go to sosua, POP only.
any ideas?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Clinica Bournigal? Sorry, a poor attempt a humor this morning!!

Cat vet? I did not know cats needed vets, they are so independent

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks, guys.
i have mixed feeling about the vet on antera mota...
i would take tumi to bornigal but without insurance they would rip us off :)
think he might have hernia, i feel something in his tummy. does not affect his appetite thou - he is so fat he can hardly fot between metal bars in a doorway. he is not in pain either. but mummy is a bit worried...

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
My cat, cojo (he only has 3 legs, hence his name which means lame), had a hernia - and it was an easy operation to fix it. Had his balls chopped off at the same time. Sorry can't help you with a vet in POP, but just to let you know appears to be a straightforward operation.

Matilda

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
thanks, guys.
i have mixed feeling about the vet on antera mota...
i would take tumi to bornigal but without insurance they would rip us off :)
think he might have hernia, i feel something in his tummy. does not affect his appetite thou - he is so fat he can hardly fot between metal bars in a doorway. he is not in pain either. but mummy is a bit worried...

Depends how big the hernia is and if it is one who comes with some intestine or other organ inside. If the last is the case and there is no blood supply to those organs, you have a life threatening situation for your cat.
Anyway, I am not a vet but you should consult one just to be sure if it is what you think it is or if there is something else going on.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
It was a big round lump. Very big. He had been attacked by the dogs a couple of weeks before and thought he was ok but probably bit through intestines. If is a softish longish lump sounds like a hernia so you need to get it checked even if it means going to Sosua. Drive carefully!

Mat

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we checked and rechecked the bump (bumps, actually) and came to the conclusion it's... well... a love handle. in other words, our cat is a serious fatso. so vet for him now but maybe less fodd.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
we checked and rechecked the bump (bumps, actually) and came to the conclusion it's... well... a love handle. in other words, our cat is a serious fatso. so vet for him now but maybe less fodd.

Put him/her on a diet and exercise program ;), aging cats and dogs who are to fat often develop diabetes.