Cabarete Closing Down???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I just heard this today, the new mayor wants to close Cabarete down for 2 months, July 1 to Sept 1 to remodel it...:rolleyes::rolleyes:..that means all the businesses, restaurants and the beach will have to close and traffic will be going through el choco. If this is true, its got to be the stupidest thing I have heard of.....anyone else hear this?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Heard nothing yet, but will check around. An interesting rumor if nothing else.
And what could possibly be accomplished in this country in only 2 months?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I just heard this today, the new mayor wants to close Cabarete down for 2 months, July 1 to Sept 1 to remodel it...:rolleyes::rolleyes:..that means all the businesses, restaurants and the beach will have to close and traffic will be going through el choco. If this is true, its got to be the stupidest thing I have heard of.....anyone else hear this?
Shouldn't this be in the clown section.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Shutting down an entire town?

Um, ohhhkayyy. I'm thinking someone's trying to be a bit clever....

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003

Have you seen the traffic that goes thru Cabarete? Not just what stops but needs to go both directions.

Have you been the El Choco road?

What you heard is not possible without two/three years... etc. on El Choco road that will add an hour even if done.

Yes. Very stupid. And done in two months. LOL. Eddy right about this is a Clown Section.

End?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There have been rumors in the past about the downtown area of Cabarete being turned into a pedestrian only area along with building a bypass road, etc. I still have no verification of the rumor of a shut down in July and August and I see nobody else has heard anything about that.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Beware the Northcoast seems to have a case of gob****e going around. What a stupid thread, don't be rediculous!! Unfortunately most traffic through here probably only catches headlines and thread heads, and this moopoo does fkcu all for helping the coast we all seem to love so much, try a little better to engage your brain before posting, there are more than 40 people who read the headers on here!! Not all know I'm not the only idiot on here, there is you as well!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.