Business Mail more expensive than EPS?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I called both Business Mail and EPS and these are the prices they gave me. It used to be that Business Mail was cheaper than EPS, but now they're more expensive while EPS is straightforward. For Business Mail, prices were 'approximates' due to aduana fees. This wasn't the case with EPS.

This is what they told me for items under USD $200:

EPS
*1-3 pounds: $5.28/pound ($4.75 + $0.53 gasoline)
*3-5 pounds: $5.03/pound ($4.50 + $0.53 gasoline)
*5-10 pounds: $4.63/pound ($4.10 + $0.53 gasoline)

Business Mail
* 0-30 pounds: Approximately 230 pesos/pound (around $6/pound).
* If it's an electronic device (camera, cellphone, etc...) then it's 630 pesos (around $16.75)

Is this correct? Apparently, for normal-sized stuff, EPS is definitely the way to go.

Are there other options as reliable as EPS?

Thanks.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
well.......yesterday evening i forked over rd$977.09 to business mail for 6.00lbs.
it was clothing, not electronic.
sure the 6lbs was rounded up.....but that is bye the bye.

that equates to about rd$162.85/lb
if i were to have used eps, you are saying it would have cost me more.

there is no doubt about it though, business mail has crept up....and up in price.

i use them for convenience. if i used anyone else, i'd lose any savings wasting petrol in the good old santo domingo traffic jams.

loads of others around just as reliable.
someone i know swears by "mail boxes" in tiradentes.
i think he also told me you have to pay some kind of monthly subscription service......why, i just don't know.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Then the person I talked to at Business Mail doesn't know the prices. I even got an email from her saying that
0-30 is 2.50 DOLARES and
eso es el flete nada mas , ademas tenemos los servicios de aduana k son fijo , en si una libra sale mas o meno en 110 pero con los servicios de aduana llega entre 230- 250. pesos.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
well....i think it is all pretty much of a lottery anyway.

what i also like with business mail is that you can track your shipments on the internet.....ok, maybe it's not really necessary.... miami -> sto dgo., but i like it.

i don't know....can you track stuff with the other companies?

a lot of people like cps in ave. sarasota. they give out american airmiles as well, if you are into them.