Heat and me!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Frinkin hate it at night (infact the humidity of today is nasty also and not unusual), why do I love something I hate. Something wrong here I feel, and I know I'm not the only crazy one!!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
We now live up in the mountains where we sleep with no irons on the doors, infact the doors open some nights, our rat dogs running in and out at will without fear of any nasty criminals, it is such a refreshing feeling and change. No noise, only the moo of the cows passing the house in the morning and the crow of the cock in the morning, which ok I got up and threw stones at yesterday but, hey, such a far cry from my past 7 years here. Wonderful, but bloody hot!!! Oh and codetel take ages getting the internet sorted and the inversor guy is a non reliable tw@, but not because he is drunk or lazy, just because nothing happens fast and I'm used to the city. Bliss in a fkcd up kind of way!!!

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Frinkin hate it at night (infact the humidity of today is nasty also and not unusual), why do I love something I hate. Something wrong here I feel, and I know I'm not the only crazy one!!

Unfortunately you will have to continue to Hate what you love....the extended forecast calls for continued heat and high humidity....hey you are in the tropics and it is June...you still have three months of the lovely steamy conditions to feel so compationate about what you love....at least you have peace and quite til you lay into that rooster, that will get to you more then the heat....lol...have cooling thoughts of sitting by the seashore with that constant onshore breeze...

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Of Cocks and Clocks

We now live up in the mountains where we sleep with no irons on the doors, infact the doors open some nights, our rat dogs running in and out at will without fear of any nasty criminals, it is such a refreshing feeling and change. No noise, only the moo of the cows passing the house in the morning and the crow of the cock in the morning, which ok I got up and threw stones at yesterday but, hey, such a far cry from my past 7 years here. Wonderful, but bloody hot!!! Oh and codetel take ages getting the internet sorted and the inversor guy is a non reliable tw@, but not because he is drunk or lazy, just because nothing happens fast and I'm used to the city. Bliss in a fkcd up kind of way!!!

I used to have a neighbor with a retarded cock.
The cock would start cockadoodledoooooing at 3 or 3:30......... before the morning and I hated that cock.
I used to throw rocks at it from the roof.
Love my rooster by the way.:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Our neighbour raised arounf 30 fighting cocks and those fu--kers crowed from 2am until 6 am. I got used to it after 3-4 days, but until then I was ready to kill them all.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Our neighbour raised arounf 30 fighting cocks and those fu--kers crowed from 2am until 6 am. I got used to it after 3-4 days, but until then I was ready to kill them all.

good for you to get used to them after 3-4days, we had a neighbor that had one in a cage on their verranda, damn thing crowed every morning starting at 4am didn't stop til after 8am, by that time my nerves were fried...I wanted to toss the damn thing in the pool cage and all little fkr's cant swim in the cage...case closed....very very very annoying.:confused::confused:

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Anastacio, I know how good it feels to be "free" up in the mountains. Been there, loved every minute of it, but please, lock your doors, listen to your dogs and always be prepared for the unexpected. You are NOT dominican and therefore, to the campesinos, you are rich in their eyes. You may trust all your neighbors, but one of them may have a relative who lives in the city near a gang member or a theif from the country. Loose lips sink ships. Word gets out that you live, carelessly, in the campo. One day, when you least expect it, someone could just walk in and destroy your freedom.

We had dogs, we had guns, we had locked doors, but on a dark, rainy night those dominicans who knew the darkness and countryside much better than us, destroyed our paradise. They were professionals in their world. My spouse had his gun within an inch of his hand as he typed on his laptop, but the gun to his head made it impossible to make that split-second move to grab it.

We loved the countryside and the people. But all the precautions we took were futile in this situation. At least, be smart about the way you live. Look around you, I bet your dominican neighbors have padlocks on their doors when they leave for town for the day, and, believe me, they have throw bolts on their doors from the inside when they go to bed at night.

The discussion is many years old now, but you can refer to it by searching for "does anyone know" and watch how the same type of discussion is still being bantered around today. The players are different, but the subject is the same.

Living in the campo may "feel" different, but not much has changed except many years ago, theives robbed your home while you were away, time progressed and theives began to rob at gunpoint, now, theives not only rob you, they kill! Sad how it has progressed. What hasn't changed is police involvement in the protection of the criminals.

Good luck, enjoy the beautiful mountains of this beautiful island, but live in todays world, cautious and ever watchful.