Highest paying job for a tourist in Cabarete area?

hawaiintropic

May 16, 2011
Hi,
i was just wondering what would be the highest paying job in the Cabarete area for a tourist and the only thing that springs to mind is kitesurfing instructor. . I want to live here but am thinking would it just make more sense to go back home make some money and come back. I just can't face a 10 hr shift in a bar for 400 pesos when i can earn that back home in one hour, so if im going to work hear would hope to find something better paid than that. Experiences thoughts and ideas appreciated.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
literally hundreds of experienced kitesurfing instructors here, locals, and working exactly for the fee u mentioned...

if u want to earn more than 400 pesos an hour, you will have to have some exceptional talents...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not many jobs will pay that kind of money. A university professor with advanced degrees will make a little more than that but will only work 12-15 hour a week. A bank manager will pull down similar (slightly higher) pay for longer hours (44 hour week more or less). A call center person might make 1/2 that if he/she were a good salesperson...

There are semi-guesstamates, but not far off....

Go home, work, save, and come back to enjoy the place without worrying where your next meal will be coming from...

HB

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Agreed. Do not come here expecting to live off a good paying job in Cabarete. We have had many Kite Surfing instructors stay with us that are able to extend their working vacations by a month or two by giving lessons, but that cannot be your only source of funds.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Hi,
i was just wondering what would be the highest paying job in the Cabarete area for a tourist and the only thing that springs to mind is kitesurfing instructor. . I want to live here but am thinking would it just make more sense to go back home make some money and come back. I just can't face a 10 hr shift in a bar for 400 pesos when i can earn that back home in one hour, so if im going to work hear would hope to find something better paid than that. Experiences thoughts and ideas appreciated.

You pretty much answered your question yourself!