Visa for Haitian?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
What does a Haitian illegal immigrant with Haitian passport have to do and where to get a Dominican Republic visa. She has been told that after 60 days she will be deported. She has heard that a visa costs US$100 plus RD$300 but that 's all she knows.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
All she has learned from her friends is what I wrote which like your answer is not very helpful. Why this presumption that a Haitian has a multitude of friends all with answers to everything, I'm a Brit and don't know any others with answers to anything. I don't know where you're from but you talk as if you have a host of fellow ex-pats who have the answer to everything! Lucky old you!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
What does a Haitian illegal immigrant with Haitian passport have to do and where to get a Dominican Republic visa. She has been told that after 60 days she will be deported. She has heard that a visa costs US$100 plus RD$300 but that 's all she knows.

She can't apply for a Visa whilst IN the DR illegal!
For her to adjust her status, she needs to head back to Haiti and apply for a Visa at the DR consulate. When she pays all the fees and whistles/hoops (which are not even close to the ones needed for a US visa), she'll get her passport stamped and then she can return to the DR the "LEGAL" way.

Once she's here then she can apply, just like any foreigner does for Dominican residency status. The path to the DR residency is the very same for Haitians as it's for any foreigners in the DR. We don't discriminate against Haitians even when they represent over 20% of the actual population in the DR (and 90% not legal while at it).

She can avoid deportation by heading onto a Bus from Caribe Tours to make the trip to Haiti.

Once in Haiti she needs to get rid of that passport and apply for a new one, *the exit stamp on the passport would give her away when applying for a legal visa at the DR consulate in Haiti.

About 95% of visas for Haitians requested in the consulates of the DR in Haiti are automatic approvals, save for those where DR already black listed repeat offenders that have been deported from the DR or have a criminal record in Haiti/DR.

Haitians are out of status as undocumented foreigners because of their economic status, not due to the DR's being selective a the time of who gets issued a visa to enter the country or become a permanent resident!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002

Is she illegal because she entered the country illegally or because her visa or work permit expired?

I any case, I think this is questions that any Dominican immigration or embassies around the world can answer for you.

The fact that she holds a passport probably means that she is illegal on an expired visa which in this case she may just need to go to the airport and pay her overstay, this is her first step to renew her visa.

Last edited:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
My gardener who was Haitian would return to Haiti every year at Christmas. I would give him 100 US$ which was the cost for another one year visa in his passport when he returned. This was provided at the border I think.

Matilda