Sirius Satellite Radio???

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Yes, I get it in Sosua, but for some reason it cuts out 3 times each day at the same hours for about 1 hour.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
I get very good reception at my home in Santo Domingo, and also in my vehicles, wherever I travel to in the DR. Temporary signal losses occur since you have to have a starting point for signal and weather conditions affect it. PS If ypou know someone who has XM..Sirius sells conversion kits for many vehicles and radios. I had to get one for my wife's escalade. Installation was pretty easy.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Thank you

Thank you all for taking the time to respond, I'm really glad to be able to bring my Sat radio next winter.

Suzanne

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I had Sirius radio for two years and the interference from local stations, no matter what FM setting I used, was unbearable. I found about a direct adaptor which is cheap and its working very good now. I mostly have two to three bars reception except when you are driving under trees. Without the direct adaptor, I would not recommend it.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Direct adaptor?

I had Sirius radio for two years and the interference from local stations, no matter what FM setting I used, was unbearable. I found about a direct adaptor which is cheap and its working very good now. I mostly have two to three bars reception except when you are driving under trees. Without the direct adaptor, I would not recommend it.

Conchman,
Thank you for your comment, can you tell me more about the adaptor, what is it and where can I get one. I am in Canada at the moment.

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
Damm glad I read this the classic rock is on. This should make driving around in a rental bearable!

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Thank you all,

I will be thanking you again when driving and listening to something else than Bachata...hihihi

Suzanne

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

I live in Las Terrenas on the Samana penninsula and get Sirius and have no problem with reception any time of the day

S

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Sirius also at home in DR

You can also get Sirius in your home in the DR.

Sirius confirmed that when you have a Sirius account and you login to your account on your PC you can access all chanels through your PC.

Since my PC's sound is not strong or great, I tried plugging in my BOSE I-Pod docking station to my PC and got such a good sound out of it that you do not really need a soundsystem in your home.

Looking forward to trying it in the DR this winter.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
In my case the vehicle already had the XM factory installed. I purchased a Sirius conversion module direct from Sirius and we installed it in my driveway. Cost me about US 125. Works like a charm. Also have a portable unit at home that i use in my office, by the pool, and in my other vehicle.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
An update;

I've just installed a Kenwood double DIN head-unit in my car. It has the Sirius radio feature. I've just activated it using my EPS address in the US and now I'm listening to satellite radio in Cabarete. How cool!!!! There's only so much merengue and bachata one can listen to!

This head-unit also has built in sat-nav by Garmin. I've put in an SD card with the maps of the DR and I now have a working sat nav too!!!

Double cool!!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We haven't talked about this for a while but my recollection is that a Sirius contract works but the XM subscription does not.
I brought my XM module 3 years ago and couldn't get a signal.

Has anything changed since then?