Cabarete Business Services - Ocean Dream Plaza

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoTom

Apr 15, 2010
Hello,
Does anyone know if this business is still open? Also, does anyone have experience in shipping/receiving UPS packages through this location?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Tom

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I believe you are asking about the office where EPS is located in the Ocean Dream Plaza in Cabarete.
If so, they are still open. I do still use them, mainly for correspondence from the US shipping to me at that office via Miami. For most packages I use TransExpress in Sosua which is less expensive and faster from Miami to the DR than is EPS. No issues with EPS or TranExpress so far. I would not use either for large shipments.

I have shipped a few documents out of the DR using that office in Cabarete since they work with FedEx and UPS, but never shipped any packages. Shipping from the DR is VERY expensive. There is another thread about people using the regular DR mail system, INPOSDOM, for shipments out of the country since the price is quite a bit lower (but reliability is in doubt).

Jan 17, 2009
We use EPS (in particular this office at Ocean Dream) quite often for packages. It works very well. They're very efficient. Once they receive the package in Miami they start emailing you to let you know when you should expect it here. On average, it takes 3-5 days to get a package down here, cleared and ready for pick-up. It's a bit expensive granted, but we wouldn't change when it working so well for us and the convenience that it is in Cabarete.

ChicagoTom

Apr 15, 2010
We use EPS (in particular this office at Ocean Dream) quite often for packages. It works very well. They're very efficient. Once they receive the package in Miami they start emailing you to let you know when you should expect it here. On average, it takes 3-5 days to get a package down here, cleared and ready for pick-up. It's a bit expensive granted, but we wouldn't change when it working so well for us and the convenience that it is in Cabarete.

Thanks for the information.

Expat-in-Cabarete how do you get the item to EPS in Miami? I was originally planning to send the package directly to EPS Cabarete via UPS.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Thanks for the information.

Expat-in-Cabarete how do you get the item to EPS in Miami? I was originally planning to send the package directly to EPS Cabarete via UPS.

What happens is the package first goes to Miami, then it is shipped to SD by plane. From there it goes to the EPS office where your account is. (Cabarete). Then you pick it up in Cabarete. I have used EPS for many years, and have never had a problem of any kind with them. But the price is high.

Status
Not open for further replies.