Canadian killed in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
any pertinent info on this besides "candian killed" and "blame haitians" ?

yelkcub

Dec 11, 2007
www.buckrobin.com
Here's what's being reported in Ottawa:

A local media report has identified the victim as 68-year-old Marcel Adam.

According to a report by the Detras del Rumor news website, Adam's body was found on Friday in an apartment in the resort town of Sosua, near Puerto Plata.

Authorities believe the man had been killed three days earlier.

Local authorities have launched an investigation, but initial reports indicate his death was caused by a gunshot or fatal blow to the head with a sharp object.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thats a great piece of PR for RD.......:ermm:

Bermuda had the same reputation a few years back.....

More than one Canadian murdered there.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Thats a great piece of PR for RD.......:ermm:

Bermuda had the same reputation a few years back.....

More than one Canadian murdered there.

Did they forget to mention that Jordan Morrison was killed by Canadian patrons of the same AI he was staying in, or was that another incident?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Body Count

Bermuda ....More than one Canadian murdered there.

Here also. :ermm:

My violent deaths count for the last 12 months:
(Europeans and NA only)

Canadians...4
Swiss..........4
Italians........2
Germans.....2
American.....1
Belgian........1
British.........1
Austrian......1

donP

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Thanks, Don

I've learned better than to post minimal information and let others, with more sterling DR1 reps, carry the message (am tired of being virtually attacked, shot, disrespected). Your stats are interesting. The only point I was making is that the police seldom solve anything, and the consular officials do hate to interrupt their cocktail parties. I can attest to that since my family includes 2 consuls.
What ever happened re Arthur T's murder?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
An article I read here in Canada reorted that his wife had put the house up for sale.

He was said to flaunt his money, etc..... doesn't sound too shy.

Maybe it was too much advertising..

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Oops, never would have thought to look at the Living Thread for a death. Anyway, I hope I made your day, jr. You haven't been able to make your snarky replies to me for many months.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This double thread is driving me crazy (ier)....

I forget which one I'm on...... and I'm on both now

Wake up the moderators !!!!

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I am really disappointed in The Toronto Star and their report.

"In March, two Canadians were held for ransom in Santo Domingo..." That was in Sosua (Luis El Barbaro) and it was a drug deal gone bad.

"...in 2009, a Hamilton man was abducted at gunpoint from his home in Sosua, and returned unharmed after three weeks..."" Oh please, everyone knows that story (D'arcy) by now, there was nothing criminal there.

"Last February, Jordan Morrison, 19, of Barrie, was fatally beaten outside a Punta Cana nightclub while vacationing with his family in the Dominican Republic." And they fail to say that he was beaten and killed by other CANADIANS vacationing there.

Lame ass "newspaper". :disappoin:disappoin:disappoin

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Euphemistic Reporting

I am really disappointed in The Toronto Star and their report.

"In March, two Canadians were held for ransom in Santo Domingo..." That was in Sosua (Luis El Barbaro) and it was a drug deal gone bad.

"...in 2009, a Hamilton man was abducted at gunpoint from his home in Sosua, and returned unharmed after three weeks..."" Oh please, everyone knows that story (D'arcy) by now, there was nothing criminal there.

"Last February, Jordan Morrison, 19, of Barrie, was fatally beaten outside a Punta Cana nightclub while vacationing with his family in the Dominican Republic." And they fail to say that he was beaten and killed by other CANADIANS vacationing there.

Lame ass "newspaper". :disappoin:disappoin:disappoin

Yes, lame because their investigation was not complete or they had an ignorant source. :(

Since April 2010 four Canadians have been murdered in the Dominican Republic.
None had to do with the incidents mentioned above.

donP

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
"There have also been a number of kidnappings on the island. In March, two Canadians were held for ransom in Santo Domingo." And in 2009, a Hamilton man was abducted at gunpoint from his home in Sosua, and returned unharmed after three weeks

I know this is a tragic and sad story for this poor man and his loved ones..But please tell me I am the only insensitive jerk who who was laughing at this pile of crap....

Status
Not open for further replies.