Mercedes resturant in Cabarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
About 8 years ago we stayed in Cabarette and loved to go to Mercedes (spelling unsure). It was down a lane and seemed to be in the families livingroom? They served delicious deep fried whole fish. Last winter we were in the area (Cabrera) but when we went to Cabarette nothing looked the same. Anyone know if Mercedes is still around?

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Mercedes

You are right Mercedes was very good, do not know if it is still opened, I have not been there for a while, but the street it is on is, Calleron de la Loma.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Yes its still open, a little smaller than it was 8yrs ago, but still open.....and still in the same place just passed the big church

Islander777

Sep 19, 2008
Last time I walked by, about three months ago, I thought I saw that Mercedes' Restaurant was now a Pawn Shop/Compra-Venta. I saw Mercedes at the church last September so she's probably around but I believe her restaurant is now closed, unless its part of the compra-venta and I missed it! With El Tigre/Juana's now closed its difficult to find good typical Dominican food in Cabarete now.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
it was open yesterday, so its still open.....as i mentioned its smaller than before as they converted half of it to rent to businesses, so yes there is a pawn shop there, but beside it is the restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.